Remote Control for Raypak Heater

Jul 25, 2012
Basking Ridge, NJ
Hi all,

I've read several threads about people using automation systems like Aqualink and others to control their pool heaters. My question is:
Is there a way to (simply) remotely control my Raypak R406A's heat settings (on/off temp up/temp down)?

Thanks as always.

Patrick

Not that I know of. You can remotely turn it on/off but temp control is a entirely different story. Automation systems don't actually control any temp changes you make at the heater but rather in the automation system. You would set the heater to either pool or spa setting and crank the temp on the heater to the highest setting. Then from there the automation system controls the temp and turns the heater on/off.

I'm guessing you can maybe use some of these new house automation systems but I have no experience with them and they would probably still need to have their own temperature probe.

Not that I know of. You can remotely turn it on/off but temp control is a entirely different story. Automation systems don't actually control any temp changes you make at the heater but rather in the automation system. You would set the heater to either pool or spa setting and crank the temp on the heater to the highest setting. Then from there the automation system controls the temp and turns the heater on/off.

I'm guessing you can maybe use some of these new house automation systems but I have no experience with them and they would probably still need to have their own temperature probe.

Got it. I've been poking around for a while now and can't seem to find any other mention of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.