New Pool Build Middle Georgia

We went with the light stream tile pebble beach. I will tell you the whole story later!!!If you order from them and they tell you a 2 week lead time DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!!! I will say that is beautiful tile and well worth the wait but very frustrating on lead times!!

Attachments

• PB161109.jpg
    PB161109.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 300
  • PB161097.jpg
    PB161097.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 298
  • PB161101.jpg
    PB161101.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 297
  • PB161116.jpg
    PB161116.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 297
  • PB161115.jpg
    PB161115.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 298
  • PB161128.jpg
    PB161128.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 297
sigh..........I am just going to keep this pic up and look at it over and over and over...........there is SO much pretty in it!!!!

I hear you on the lightstream. They have BEAUTIFUL tile but man the lead time *stories* and such are enough to drive someone to drink!

I showed hubby this post and he just said "oh yeah that is what I would love to have!"

Kim:kim:

sigh..........I am just going to keep this pic up and look at it over and over and over...........there is SO much pretty in it!!!!

I hear you on the lightstream. They have BEAUTIFUL tile but man the lead time *stories* and such are enough to drive someone to drink!

I showed hubby this post and he just said "oh yeah that is what I would love to have!"

Thank you Kim!!!!We are really excited that it is coming together after all "sod destroyers" have engulfed my whole backyard ..LOL

After much debate hubby decided he wanted the fireplace in while our whole yard is a bombsite versus coming back in spring and destroying again!! Smart husband :)

I had read about lightstreams but I never thought for just the small order I chose that the pebble beach tile that there would be so many delays..... It was so close to the wire that we were almost to a standstill. One exuse after another about mishaps and delays from suppliers on material--- Word of wisdom-if you are dead set on their beautiful tiles you should order them 4-5 MONTHS in advance:D I am being serious and totally honest about what I think about their processes. I actually told my contact that this kind of stuff should not happen and the this can make or break their company.

On a happy positive note they are in the pool and the pebble tech finish was done yesterday and they come back today with acid wash!!!

Attachments

• PB161155.jpg
    PB161155.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 293
That company could do MUCH better if they had a better business model for sure. The excuses were the same ones on other builds.

Here is a link to Pebble Tec's start up:

http://mmgtx.com/docs/PTI-Start-Up-Maintenance-Procedures-Chlorine.pdf

I would print it out and follow it.

The only thing I want to point out is it is okay to use powder CYA BUT it needs to be added the TFP way.........put in a sock (like you wear) and hung in front of a return with the pump on. You can squeeze the sock to help it dissolve. This method keeps the powder off the new plaster. The bucket way does not work as well we have found.

SMART move to go ahead with the fireplace. It will be nice to have it all done at one time!

Busy day today again! Gas tank buried and Acid wash complete! Fireplace complete! Water started:D I'm worn out thinking about it.
The water looks like it will take several days to fill.

Attachments

• PB181234.jpg
    PB181234.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 288
  • PB181186.jpg
    PB181186.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 285
  • PB181193.jpg
    PB181193.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 286
  • PB181240.jpg
    PB181240.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 288
Keep that water flowing! Do not let it stop until it is half way up the waterline tiles which should be about the middle of the skimmer plate.

Can you get those leaves out? Maybe wear socks? or use a pick up thing?

That fireplace is WOWER!!!!!! What will you be putting in that area? I vote for table, chairs, loungers, circle chair to curl up in, all kinds of comfy places to enjoy the fire and pool!

Here is the equipment we received, please chime in with any positive or negative experiences:

Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Epump VSHP270AUT
Jandy JS60-SM Sand Filter
Jandy JXI400P Spa Heater
Jandy PB4-60 Booster Pump for Spa

What a gorgeous build!!! Congratulations on your beautiful oasis!! That fireplace is amazing!

The lightstreams tiles are fabulous, but I encountered the same issue ordering from them. It was just painful trying to get my tile once I ordered (and paid!) them. I, too, heard every excuse in the book and they refused to rush ship them at their cost to make up for the delays, which I thought was a very reasonable request. Beautiful product, not so great customer service.
The shell beach tiles look so pretty and sparkly in your pool and they will look even better with water!!

Here is the equipment we received, please chime in with any positive or negative experiences:

Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Epump VSHP270AUT
Jandy JS60-SM Sand Filter
Jandy JXI400P Spa Heater
Jandy PB4-60 Booster Pump for Spa

This is the same equipment that I have (sans the sand filter I have cartridge). Equipment is great. Are you also getting the iAqualink control system?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No aqualink system got a remote control to turn on everything though

You need the JEP version of that pump then the one you listed is for use with the automation controller only (Aqualink). VSPHP270JEP (AUT = Automation)

Why no automation? What remote control are you using? Mine is the iAqualink RS with the PDA remote so best of all worlds. I can use their waterproof remote or any smartphone to turn things on and off plus easy programming using the web interface. Jandy can also get into my system if they need to for troubleshooting. Are you going salt? If so the salt system also integrates within the Aqualink.

You need the JEP version of that pump then the one you listed is for use with the automation controller only (Aqualink). VSPHP270JEP (AUT = Automation)

Why no automation? What remote control are you using? Mine is the iAqualink RS with the PDA remote so best of all worlds. I can use their waterproof remote or any smartphone to turn things on and off plus easy programming using the web interface. Jandy can also get into my system if they need to for troubleshooting. Are you going salt? If so the salt system also integrates within the Aqualink.

The installer said I can't use an IPhone app with this system. I can use a remote control only.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the fireplace. We are planning on doing something similar come the spring. If you don't mind me asking. Who did you all use?

We used Sanchez Stone out of Atlanta. I don't know if they will do jobs in South Carolina, however, Ill PM his number to you if you wish

The installer said I can't use an IPhone app with this system. I can use a remote control only.

Yeah but remote for what? Just the pump or everything? Jandy has the PDA system which is just a handheld remote but you can control everything with it. What I meant was the pump you listed is for use with the Jandy automation control system. If you are not getting the automation then they have another model I mentioned that comes with the controller on the pump. The "AUT" model uses a 4 wire connection to the Aqualink control system.

What a gorgeous build!!! Congratulations on your beautiful oasis!! That fireplace is amazing!

The lightstreams tiles are fabulous, but I encountered the same issue ordering from them. It was just painful trying to get my tile once I ordered (and paid!) them. I, too, heard every excuse in the book and they refused to rush ship them at their cost to make up for the delays, which I thought was a very reasonable request. Beautiful product, not so great customer service.
The shell beach tiles look so pretty and sparkly in your pool and they will look even better with water!!

Thank you so much! We are tickled so far:D

You are spot on Nursenini!
I love your build and you have beautiful tiles your and pool ! Pain in the rear to get them to ship. Overall well worth it! I looked at your build before I ever ordered and boy am I glad I placed them in the pool! Thanks for the advice in your posts!

Busy week for us with the fence starting yesterday and Landscaping on Monday!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Attachments

• PB221300.jpg
    PB221300.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 225
  • PB221293.jpg
    PB221293.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 222
  • PB221294.jpg
    PB221294.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 221
  • PB221306.jpg
    PB221306.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 226
  • PB221307.jpg
    PB221307.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 226

Yes sorry...It IS a AquaLink R0687300 Jandy Pro series.

That looks like a pool a PB would build to showcase his skills! WOWER!

Thanks so much! I spoke with PB last week and he thought our pool turned out spectacular and did ask if he could take some shots with his furniture, umbrellas and all the extras from their store.

I think you have one shot at getting your pool the way you want it and if you don't add what you want there are only regrets that you didn't build it the way you wanted it in the first place.

No regrets but lots of back and forth communication with PB as to doing things that they don't normally do in standard build. If you can get a pool builder to think outside of the box---- you will get less of cookie cutter easy pool for them----- and more of a custom oasis for your family. If you let them dictate everything you will get the easy way and not your way and they will be long gone to the next pool.

Our PB liked to do the pump system out back in the middle of the yard...we said no it has to neatly tucked on side on the yard with all our other electrical area. So glad hubby thought of the aesthetics on that one!

Bullfrog Therapeutic Jetpacks - looks awesome! Come with warranty? Read prior, first time for PB - how was the install process? Any other useful details? Please let us know your favorite jetpack...

Thanks - William

Hi Will83.

Too soon to know as the booster pump is on back order until Monday so we are waiting for the PB to install next week. We noticed a small leak several days ago as we filled the spa towards the upper part of one of the paks and they will need to fix that also on Monday as the seal where the Jet pack is installed needs some tweeking.

There are 3 standard Therapeutic Jet packs that Bullfrog offers: 1) Cluster Spray, 2) Oscillator, and 3) Spinal"ssage..... we have one of each and hubby picked the Oscillator for his "Spot" The company says the "Osci" feels like" two sets of Kneading hands working out tension and stress for maximum relaxation". We chose the Mirage color of Jet packs.

They installed 5 standard jets on the other side so we have more room for other people sit in the spa that don't want to use the jetpaks.
we used Flagstone on the top for coping and one of the pieces needs to be chiseled a bit underneath the lip rim so one of the packs is flush with the wall.

They have not permanently set them yet because of this. Im hoping by next week will have all the kinks worked out. I will Ask PB about the Warranty and let you know!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.