Pentair 022055 VS, Slight Squeak?

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
I installed a Pentair VS Pump on Saturday. When it was going I could not tell it was running. Now it has a slight squeak to it. Squeak, squeak, squeak..... Slight, but definitely audible. I bought this pump through a reputable vendor. The pump came with the support underneath with a crack in it (which was overnighted by Pentair to me) Part #400004. That wasn't a big deal, but when I opened the basket the impeller set screw (part # 37337-6080) was underneath the basket! Like it had never even been on. So now I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do? I mean, at this point should I just get the unit replaced?

I've read online that there's some type of seal you can spray silicone on underneath, but have yet to find pictures.

Any suggestions, I'm all ears...

Here are pictures in case it's better to get a visual. The more I read, it seams there's some type of seal that needs silicone sprayed on it? I'll be honest, I really don't feel I should have to deal with this with a brand new pump. If it's a simple fix, I'm all for it, but I refuse to disassemble a brand new pump to fix it, lol.

The cracked part has been repaired, and the impeller set screw has been put on (as per manual) , but there's a squeak still. Without the squeak, I wouldn't even have posted anything:(

Dropbox - Broken Parts

Just a slight update with this. I've emailed the vendor with pictures / mp3 file with noises (which can all be seen in the link above). After further inspection, I really think the pump was dropped before it got to me. There's a bracket under the pump that just sits there and it was so wedged into the old piece I couldn't get it out without tools (so the pump came down pretty hard). Also, I listened again to the pump last night. It's not so much a squeak as it is like the sound of a rubber bicycle tire that's not balanced right.

So far they've gotten back to me with "We've contacted the manufacturer regarding this situation".

Just wanted to post my experience so far.

Update. Emailed vendor, they have been very understanding so far. It's taken a little longer than I'd like, and a little more back and forth than I'd like, but the manf. (Pentair) has agreed to send a new unit. It's on it's way.

Thank goodness for modern technology. I documented every issue I found by taking pictures and I believe that really helped me win my case with this mess.

Just for future reference. The squeak is from the shaft slinger between the wet end and the motor. It sits right against the motor face plate and sometimes they "squeak". A little silicone sprayed behind it stops the squeaking.

In your case, it was more than that and you were wise to get it replaced.

Just for future reference. The squeak is from the shaft slinger between the wet end and the motor. It sits right against the motor face plate and sometimes they "squeak". A little silicone sprayed behind it stops the squeaking.

How does one go about doing that? Pictures would be great. I read about doing this in quite a few places but can't seem to find how it's done.

What type of silicone spray do you like to use? I would assume it would be ok to also use this on all gaskets / O rings as well...

What type of silicone spray do you like to use? I would assume it would be ok to also use this on all gaskets / O rings as well...

Any chance anybody can answer this? I looked and looked, but I can't seem to figure how to do it without taking the pump apart? Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.