Inyo shipping issues

Anybody else have problems with Inyo pools? I recently ordered a pump and first one was falling through the bottom of the box. Second one looks like it was pushed down a set of stairs..

113d89d4caa7b25e084e21f5775611ee.jpg

1f530a9a45982382f1fb467260435488.jpg

SCSU74, First off I really apologize for the shape your package came in! If you would like for us to ship out another pump then I do understand and I will get another one shipped out ASAP and arrange for the pick up of this pump. We try to put labeling on the box so the carriers don't beat up the pumps but they really can beat up the packages. I think we may start to double box the pumps especially the Pentair ones as the packaging that the pump comes in is pretty thin. Please let me know how you would for me to proceed and once again I really applogize for this.

Thank You
Patrick
www.inyopools.com

SCSU74, First off I really apologize for the shape your package came in! If you would like for us to ship out another pump then I do understand and I will get another one shipped out ASAP and arrange for the pick up of this pump. We try to put labeling on the box so the carriers don't beat up the pumps but they really can beat up the packages. I think we may start to double box the pumps especially the Pentair ones as the packaging that the pump comes in is pretty thin. Please let me know how you would for me to proceed and once again I really applogize for this.

Thank You
Patrick
www.inyopools.com

Appreciate you reaching out, but this is actually the second one you guys have sent out. Those photos are how each arrived. I opened this one and it seems ok, going to try hooking it up.

Post was more wondering if this is a common occurrence or just random.

Maybe you should consider shipping pumps via a freight company and NOT UPS?

UPS drivers are expected to haul those boxes off their trucks and most of the guys in brown don't want to blow their backs out getting hernia trying to lift a pump. I've noticed when heavy things come from Amazon they are more beat up looking. I'm sure the guys loading trucks and hauling packages around are just kicking the things.

Freight companies would likely do a better job but you would have to charge more.

Box looks bad, but I bet the pump is fine. I had an oven heating element arrive like that not too long ago. Yep, it was bent and broken. It's a shipper issue no doubt though, especially on something so heavy, like Matt says.

I also like inyopool's Patrick thought on double boxing that part to help with this. I have seen what they do when moving stuff off the trucks :( lots of "playing" around. It is a wonder anything makes it out alive!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just sent the following email to our fufillment warehouse...

I wanted you to take a look at this thread on some Pentair Pumps we shipped out to a customer. The packaging in the Pentair Pumps seem to be less than ideal.

Inyo shipping issues

-It looks like there are a lot of voids on the inside of the Pentair pump boxes which causes the packages to crumble, please add additional internal packing material when shipping any Pentair Pumps.

-Also it looks like there are areas on the pump where you could tape the box better. All the seams should be thoroughly taped.

-If you have additional solutions to improve the quality of these shipments then please implement those items as well. (double boxing?)

Thank You
Patrick

Send me a brand new Pentair AFP waterfall pump and I'll be happy to report back if your shipping is working any better :laughblue:

I just sent the following email to our fufillment warehouse...

I wanted you to take a look at this thread on some Pentair Pumps we shipped out to a customer. The packaging in the Pentair Pumps seem to be less than ideal.

Inyo shipping issues

-It looks like there are a lot of voids on the inside of the Pentair pump boxes which causes the packages to crumble, please add additional internal packing material when shipping any Pentair Pumps.

-Also it looks like there are areas on the pump where you could tape the box better. All the seams should be thoroughly taped.

-If you have additional solutions to improve the quality of these shipments then please implement those items as well. (double boxing?)

Thank You
Patrick

Thank you! I did open the second one and the only area that looked like it wasn't padded was the capacitor, but it looked to be in good shape. Going to have it installed tomorrow, hopefully it fires up. Appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

Thank You
Patrick
www.inyopools.com

Do you have a contact number? Pump doesn't work, either capacitor was damaged or motor is stuck, just hums loud when wired.

Hi Scsu74, I'm really sorry about this! It looks like you spoke with Joe in customer service and we are sending out another pump via next day air for delivery tomorrow. We will ship this pump out via Fed Ex and we will make sure to really pack it good, hopefully we have better success with FedEx.

Dang, stupid app doesn't show Sig :( all taken care of though!
I have complained to Tapatalk so many times for them to add the option to click on the signature in people profiles to have the whole thing show up. Crickets ...

Hopefully the mobile version of the forum will soon be upgraded to the point where I can abandon Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.