Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP HELP HELP

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP HELP HELP

FC is 12.5....is it safe to swim in the pool? CYA is 25....my wife added 2.5 gallons this morning....so essentially we shocked. Bad part, we have company over to swim!

rerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
    14000 gallon, AG, Sand Filter and know idea of pump flow rate....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP HELP HELP

It should be safe as long as you have your filter and pump running to circulate...also it wont last long if your cya is only at 25 with fun sun.
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

you're at the high end of shock. can't say that it's recommended by most posts I've seen here, though I probably would just because I live on the edge like that, heh.
    I would throw her in first since she screwed it up. if she's ok then let everyone else in.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

when are they comming over? If you get full sum, you should be able to come down 2FC by evening...if not you can add some liquid CYA for a quick fix or something like this may be your only option http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemic...e-Neutralizer/
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Wear old suits just in case, and I would not let any really small children in... (who might ingest a lot of water)

The liquid CYA would be a good quick fix... You could stand to bump yours up a bit anyhow!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!