Crazy Pool Care Technique, Is This Real

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
Someone pointed out something to me called the Pool Tiger found at *****. Seems like one of those stupid as seen on TV type of things. But this person swears by it. Apparently it works based upon something called "principle of Hydraulic Harmonics".

Can anyone jump in here to give me some actual information on what this device is, and it my gut feeling of "garbage" is accurate.

Thanks in advance. (PS Ive tried to search the forums here for posts on this, but haven't found a good search term to limit out posts not directly about this product, so sorry, but I did try to search for the answer on my own)

Moderator comment: Link removed

Looks like $900 of snake oil to me.

There are only three EPA approved sanitizers, chlorine, bromine, & Baquacil. Ask the distributor what their EPA registration number is, I bet they don't have one.

They claim the unit will be:
pool tiger said:
Killing bacteria, algae, viruses and parasites – allowing you to reduce your usage of harmful chemicals
Eliminating organic and inorganic particles that build up on pool walls and make pool water look hazy
Balancing pH and controlling acidity levels for a healthier, more comfortable swimming experience
Infusing the water with healthy negative ions to improve mood, focus and energy levels
Breaking down harmful organic compounds to limit health risks
Removing all traces of urine and feces

I dunno, my $3 bottle of bleach does just fine.......

I am happy with my technique of bleach, etc, and have had no pool issue other than a temperamental pump (unrelated) but when someone pointed this to me as new, I was curious as to what the inside scoop is for it. I am extremely skeptical.

pretty website, but strangely enough no bbb site to be found, no external reviews to be found, no manuals, nothing but blah blah blah theory... everything you google goes only to that site the website so absolutely no reputation. The website is registered under Polar Vortex LLC which is in Massachusetts, but again no bbb, nothing. It looks like a SWCG and even needs replacement "cell" every 3 years, nothing I would mess with.

I am happy with my technique of bleach, etc, and have had no pool issue other than a temperamental pump (unrelated) but when someone pointed this to me as new, I was curious as to what the inside scoop is for it. I am extremely skeptical.
Be skeptical... save your $$. While I can't dispute that it may do some of the things it claims, it is totally unnecessary for proper pool care. Chlorine kills it all, when used in the proper manner. It does not cause you to grow a third eye.

Oh yea, I found a much more economical way to eliminate urine from the pool...... Stop peeing in it LOL!

I like this one:

pool tiger said:
If I buy a Pool Tiger, can I fire my pool service guy?

We would not advise it. Pool chemistry is complex. Pool service technicians are trained to know how the various contaminants interact with each other and how they may affect the health of pool users.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

I'm not surprised. People put magnets on their car fuel lines to "align the molecules for improved combustion" so why would I be surprised people buy in to this stuff?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.