Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Glad I waited on a solar cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Glad I waited on a solar cover

New pool (to us) this year. Has been up since mid May. Kids have been in it since even though it was too cold for me. Water temp was around 70 on average. So I had been looking for a good price for a solar cover but just didn't follow through. Now for the last couple of weeks, water temp has been 85 and been a steady 95 deg for the last few days. Now I wish there was a way to COOL the water LOL
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Glad I waited on a solar cover

There is. A pool fountain, run in the evening or at nite cools it down fast. The aeration can cause PH to rise, so you have to be prepared for that. I believe it also speeds up evaporation, requiring you to add water too. Sort of a trade off.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Ahhh... something to consider. Thanks
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

4. Back To Top    #4

You might still consider the solar cover anyway. It will help extend your swim season to a degree when things start cooling off because it will help keep the water warm as temperatures fall at night when you get into the later months. Food for thought.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT