Just added salt. Shock pool or what is my next steps

Honestly I think going the Dichlor route is going to take too long to build up the CYA to the appropriate range. I think you should pick up CYA, enough to get it to 70-80, and add it via the "sock method". If you store the Dichlor in a cool dry place, it should last a long time and can be usefull for small bumps in CYA levels.

Use the Pool Calc to determine how much CYA to add. :wink:

It says I need 14 lbs. of CYA. I have 12 lbs. Additionally today's test say my alkalinity and hardness are low. I need 14 lbs. of Baking soda added and 61 lbs. of calcium chloride. What order should I add them? What kind of lag between them?
Thanks,
Kenny

Please post your entire set of water test results.

My Pool Calculator only tells you what to add if you fill in the Target column with the correct numbers. Without knowing what your test results were, we can't tell if the target values you entered are reasonable or not.

OK here's the test results from this A.M.

TC 0.0
FC 13.5
CYA 20
TH 160
PH 7.3
TA 47
It says I need 14 lbs. of CYA. I have 12 lbs. Additionally today's test say my alkalinity and hardness are low. I need 14 lbs. of Baking soda added and 61 lbs. of calcium chloride. What order should I add them? What kind of lag between them?
Thanks,
Kenny

I haven't checked the amounts but you can add the CYA via the sock method anytime.

Add the Baking Soda today.

Add the Calcium tomorrow.

Predissolve powder chems in a bucket of pool water and pour into the return flow.

With a SWG, I would raise CYA to 80. You might as well add what you have right now, give it a week to mix in, retest your CYA level and continue adjusting from where ever you end up.

I would target a CH level around 300, which shouldn't take as much CH as you said.

Your TA calculation appears reasonable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK here's the test results from 9:45 A.M today.

TC 0.0
FC 14
CYA 60
TH 350
PH 7.4
TA 210
I must have missed it, why do I want CYA of 80? Isn't this very high? Iknow the CYA test is inaccurate as I haven't waited a week. I only added 8 lbs so I have 4 more in reserve when I retest sunday for more accurate readings.
Thanks,
Kenny

Today's AM levels
FC 13
CC 0
TC 13
TA
CH 200
Salt 2500

I'm going to add my additional 4 lb. of Stabilizer today. I also need to add 18 lbs. of calcium chloride. My TA is high and I don't know what to do to lower it. It says acid. Will the stabilizer lower it?
Thanks,
Kenny

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.