Need some help

Brains

May 29, 2017
Chardon
Have had an above ground pool for 5 years and no major issues until now. 24' x 54" with cartridge filter. Had a winter cover fail and pool was completely green. Added 4 gallons of liquid chlorine and 10 lbs calcium and 2 bottles of phos free. Also did the pool frog start up package. Water went from green to cloudy to clear with a big mess on the bottom. Multiple attempts to vacuum but only had it come back in pool through the jet. Tried clarifier and still had not cleared. Do not have the option to vacuum to waste. Latest tests show
FC .07
TC .81
CC .74
pH 6.8
TA 91
CH 215
CYA 17
I have tried to only suck up the dead algae with a homemade gadget but no luck. I have also been changing filters every 4 hours today and still no luck

PLEASE HELP!
The kids want to swim. Also have a heater but did not hook up yet until this is fixed
Thanks
Brains

There are a couple things going on.

First is the filter issue. Clogging in ten minutes, I could understand. Blowing stuff back into the pool makes no sense. It sounds like the cartridge is ripped or not seated properly. I'm afraid you'll have to open things up and see what's what. Once you get the filter working, then we can discuss the chemistry.

The single best thing you can do right now about the rest of it is to purchase your own test kit. It will cost about as much as the useless chemicals you bought, but unlike the chemicals, it will help you clear the swamp. There's an article in pool school but you can just skip it and head to TFTestkits.net and order a TF100 with the XL option. The XL is because you'll be using a lot of those reagents to clear the swamp.

If you want to see where we're heading and how others have done it before you, check some older threads in Recovering my old inspirational links Just scroll through the threads and check out the pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.