New iaqualink, now Heater Issue

May 29, 2017
Temecula, CA
Newbie here. Long story, short version. Just upgraded from a Rev. K Jandy iaqualink RS to a Rev. T.2 as necessary to install and operate (w/o integrated controller) a new Jandy VS pump (not installed yet). Piece of cake upgrade. Mark and unplug old, plug and install new. Everything fired right up and works perfectly...except the heater. I would think that the setting on the heater in this application would be set to remote. I have tried remote and spa. I am on LP so trying to heat the pool is probably not going to happen. In any event, I can only get the spa heat to run by manually powering-on and adjusting temp from the control pad on the heater itself. No remote ability. No wiring for the heater was changed or altered. Any ideas where to start? Anybody? Thanks in advance for any assistance. I'm stumped. Robert

Update; Jandy VS pump now installed and operating properly. Heater still not remotely operational. If I leave the heater on spa mode, it seems to have a mind of it's own. It will fire-up and run whenever the filter runs. I have the heater set to spa mode and the temp at top setting, 104. Does not seem to operate at all (remotely). Spoke to tech at Pentair who's less than helpful. Maybe got the wrong tech? BTW, temp sensor is installed and working properly. Does anybody have a setting or series of setting that I should try or experiment with? Thanks.

Did you talk to a Jandy Tech 800-822-7933. They will probably ask if you cleared the memory of old board before you started programming new. If the one touch doesn't work the heater either than there is a communication problem with the two wire hookup

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.