Hi from Corozal, Belize - that's in Central America, if you didn't know.

My wife, Dianna, and I moved to Corozal, from Olympia, Washington in 2007. We retired shortly before moving down here. We wanted to move somewhere warm, dryer than Olympia (most of the time), and we wanted to live comfortably on our retirement income without having to have at least one of us working somewhere for the rest of our lives. Enough of that, about our pool.

Our pool is concrete block construction, about 9,000 gallons (12'x24'), flat bottom, four foot deep - what's called a 'social' pool.' We just finished rebuilding it, almost from the ground up. A few years ago, we discovered an underground stream under the pool. We patched cracks for quite some time and eventually reached the point of no return. Major repair or bulldoze it and think about starting over. You can read all about that whole process on our blog, Winjama.

I refer to myself as Chief of Maintenance at Casa Winjama because everything breaks down here, I mean everything. The intense sunlight and the constant high humidity destroy everything. My current project, that started yesterday, is fixing a crack in my Hayward 2Hp main pump. That was why I came to TFP in the first place.

I refer to myself as Chief of Maintenance at Casa Winjama because everything breaks down here, I mean everything.
Classic! We know the feeling. :hammer: Welcome to TFP! Very nice to have you with us from beautiful Belize. Make sure to post lots of pics so those of us who can't afford a vacation can live vicariously though you. :)