looking for robot suggestions - obstacle in the pool

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
we are getting our pool renovated and have added a bar top and a bench in the pool. i have been warned (and knew it would be an issue) that the bench is going to cause issues with any sweep/robot. we felt we would deal with it as we really wanted what we wanted. having said that, any thoughts on how i will deal with this - any particular cleaner better at negotiating something like this over another? i don't suppose there is a cleaner out there that you can program an area to avoid. thought about keeping the cord short enough so it cannot get stuck around the bench and handle that area manually.

thanks!

Pool.jpg

I think your approach of using cord length as the way to avoid your obstacle is the best choice. I can't think of another method or cleaner that would work.

Scott,

Looking at the pics I'm not sure you will have a problem, with a robot anyway.. Is there actually enough space between the bench seat and the wall of the pool that will allow the robot to get in there?

Your "yard" looks like mine.. All pool, no yard.... :p Makes cutting the grass easy!!

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks, the edge of the bench is about 15" off of the wall. I will let it go and see what happens to start with. Yea, no backyard so to speak - it "fills" up quickly as I have a Bullmastiff and that is like a small horse... ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.