Replacing Skimmer

Jun 27, 2009
I want to replace my skimmer due to a leak on the outside but have some concerns. Is my best bet to replace using the same make and model, or are the holes for different brands generally in the same locations? Can the skimmer be replaced without physically having to enter the pool as long as the screws can be accessed over the side wall of the pool? What precautions should I take with the lining when removing the face plate on the inside? Thanks in advance!

It is not guaranteed that using the same brand of skimmer will have the holes match up. Where is the skimmer leaking from? If it is leaking at the pool wall you may just need a new gasket, or to tighten the screws a little bit. You don't want to over tighten and risk cracking the skimmer. It would help us help you if you could post a picture of the problem area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.