How to Handle Solar Cover, Ladders, Toys and stuff

farmerpatti

Gold Supporter
May 21, 2017
Croswell, Michigan
While I'm waiting for my swirling goo to settle, should I be working on my steps? They are not in the pool at this time, are ballast with sand in an enclosed section that requires additional water (which I usually get from the pool when we put the ladder in). We have an old solar cover, does it just make sense to get a new one, or what is the process for that?

And then there are all the noodles, rafts, etc. How do you deal with these?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patti

Are you doing a SLAM? Soaking stuff in the pool at high FC is always good if it sinks or you make it sink, or leaving it in full sun if not. Scrubbing stuck-on algae is good, and then rinsing it away.

Cheers

During the conversion bump your FC up to 15 and toss everything into the pool. Toys, Noodles, brushes, whatever. A short soak will take care of everything. Don't worry much about the covers as they won't hurt much down the line when you use them again. You may see some extra Chlorine demand the first few times you may use the cover, but not enough to worry about.

As for the items such as your ladders and such, take a 5 gallon bucket and mix some bleach and water together. Then start scrubbing these large items. The more you can do by hand the more Baqua you'll remove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.