San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I currently have a B2854 Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP single speed motor. Works great, and I know I run it way too much, but I have many trees and I need the skimming power. I am looking into getting a VS pump. Any feedback on this one. Price is $700 right now.

Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump, 1 1/2 Horsepower, 115/208-230 Volt, 1 Phase - Energy Star Certified

Amazon.com : Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump, 1 1/2 Horsepower, 115/208-230 Volt, 1 Phase - Energy Star Certified : Patio, Lawn Garden

The guys who used to take care of my pool when I bought my house a year ago (really nice guy) said he can install it for me for $300. I am decent with plumbing and wiring, but what about this install? Easy, Tough? I also desire to deep clean my filter as I have no idea on how long it has been, but I cant without cutting pipes.

thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with either pump but Inyo is a good company and I'm sure they'll stand behind the products they sell. The price is definitely right. They're a lot cheaper than the Pentair Superflo VS.

The guys who used to take care of my pool when I bought my house a year ago (really nice guy) said he can install it for me for $300. I am decent with plumbing and wiring, but what about this install? Easy, Tough? I also desire to deep clean my filter as I have no idea on how long it has been, but I cant without cutting pipes.

thanks in advance.

I replaced a builder-installed Hayward Super 2 with the Superflo yesterday, very straightforward and no surprises. Spent maybe $20 at HD on PVC, cement, and a new conduit for the wires. Make sure you know how to confirm the power's dead before you muck around though.

My pool store only wanted $200 to put one in. The warranty is much longer if a pro installs it versus DIY though, no reason I can see except protecting the business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.