Replacing RS 6 with a newer model

Posted May 24 2017 at 3:15 PM PST

Hi,

I am a new user here and I am glad to have found this site.

I have an Aqualink RS6 where the display is suddenly showing black inside our home. I've hit reset with no results. We did have a poser outage recently (as we have seemingly quarterly over the last 18 years, but I don't remember having this issue before as related to an outage). The buttons to turn things on at the equipment all work at the pad. The inside display is just showing black and I don't seem to have a way to turn illuminate it. Suggestions? I cannot picture the wiring going bad as it is all in piping from house to pad. but cannot rule that out.

Two part question:
1.) Suggestions on how to have the display in the house illuminate?
2.) In the event I win the Lottery, can this the Aqualink be replaced to bring me into today's latest and greatest equipment and if so, what are the recommendations. I have an 18 year old pool, 25,000 gallons with side spa, no solar. Gas heater.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

PoloDad

I would inspect the wiring between the outside controller and the keypad to see if maybe that has gotten chewed up or something. Once you confirm that is good, you could get a part number of the inside unit and see if you can find someone on eBay that has one. If not and you just want to upgrade to something more current, I would look at the Pentair Easytouch system. You can even get a wireless remote to eliminate that indoor panel or even really go high tech and get the module to allow you to control everything with your smartphone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.