Variable vs. single phase power

May 22, 2017
Phoenix az
Hello can someone please help me with the power draw of a variable speed pump motor. I am putting solar on my house and am going to change out my 2.0 hp single phase motor. So I'm trying to determine the difference in KwHr per year. So here's where I am on my single phase. 230 volts X 11.5 amps / 1,000 = 2.645 kwhr I run my pump 8 hours a day so that's 21.16 per day, 21.16 x 365 is 7723.4 kwhr per year. So I'm trying to find an average kwhr for a pentair intelliflo variable speed pump. I know I can't get an exact draw so I'm looking for an average kwhr so I don't over design my solar system. Thank you for the assistance.

The beauty of a VS pump is that you can set the rpm (and current draw) to the minimum required for any task. My solar system consists of 13 panels on my roof, 18 feet above the pool. My 3hp Inteliflow pump can very effectively operate the solar system at 2400 rpm while drawing about 800 watts of power. The old 2hp single speed pump ran at 3200 rpm and used 2,800 watts anytime it was running.

Your results may differ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.