Need to Automate Pump

auto

Feb 20, 2016
Dallas
It seems as everything I need is controlled via ScreenLogic, minus my spillway it is manual. I am guessing I need to replace the manual one with to one with an actuator and wiring... Is this correct? Image is the current valve. What do I need to order and how hard is it to change out?

y4m_uvZTh2QsYo5fqBUTuv4vpA9Nf2NKPKAQBdh627E9Qwc-qTJh_cqL1dKje9xtYMOLe-2zAEHw4hyBJ4NO6337kfpynZLhX1EjVi8jAjwnXG0BClDnnHOgFnji6_pnPzkft7lajb_j45lEd5yQaRYdwwzC1x0YuAb2mEGcPxN5OO_Okn_Goc7gNv2KS87e4RF9OjmiY_i8GFKNmbDlFGsZQ

Auto,

It is impossible to tell for sure based upon the limited info you supplied and the one pic.

But, generally pools have three modes..

Pool mode... where water is sucked from the Pool, through the Intake valve and back through the Return valve to the Pool..

Spa mode... where water is sucked from the Spa, through the Intake valve and back through the Return valve to the Spa..

Spillover mode... where the water is sucked from the Pool, through the Intake valve and back through the Return valve to the Spa. Since water is not leaving the Spa, it will overflow into the pool.

The EasyTouch (I assume you have one) has two dedicated valve drivers that control only the Intake and Return valves.

If you currently have automated valves that select between the Pool and Spa, then you just need to program the ET to run in the spillover mode.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.