Stenner Econ T?

There have been a couple of other postings about this pump in just the last couple of weeks. I don't know if this line is new, but when I researched I didn't see a lot about them. May likely be the perfect pump since it has a timer already built in. I had an easy way to handle the timer and I'd read several threads that the variable speed pumps needed maintenance every year or two at the tune of $40 to $50 to replace a part that wears in the variable speed pumps. I don't know if this is true in the Economy series.

Thanks, Funny I did a search the other day on the forum for Econ and turned up no results. After you said there was a few threads about this pump I tried again and had multiple results.

Looks like I am going to pull the trigger and purchase this unit. Seems like it would be a good fit.

Hi Regnar

i just ordered the E10T2C a little over a week ago. Also I ordered a 15 gallon gray Stenner tank. Like you, I like having the pump and timer integrated into one unit. Some older threads state that the pump is for indoor use, but after researching Stenner's literature this pump appears to be good for indoor and outdoor use.

The tank and mounting kit I ordered from Poolweb arrived quickly. The pump that I ordered from Pumps and Automation have not even shipped after 2 weeks. In fact Pumps and Automation does not answer phone calls or respond to email. I've now disputed the charge with Amex so I can reorder from somewhere else.

Watch out when you order your pump as there are a lot of subtle variations such as cord length (6 or 10ft), tube color (UV or clear) , etc. Also it helps if you choose a high flow rate so you have more flexibility if you don't want to run your pump for long periods of time. That said, I've heard you may be able to change flow rate somewhat with the tube size, although replacement tubes appear somewhat expensive.

I think I am ready to pull the trigger on Stenner to replace my Liquidator.
I am going to order the Econ T , and go with unit E20T4G over the E20T4F . The G just has more pump output compared to the F . I would like to dispense the sodium hyperchlorite a little faster so the stenner pump doesnt have to run as long (and hopefully prolong its life span) , and let the pool pump distribute the SH in the pool for little longer time frame before the pump shuts down .
The output difference is 3.4 gallons per day for the F , vs 12.3 gallons per day for the G . That should cut down the G's run time at least in half over the F (actually less than half) . Plus its easier to figure the rate of 1/2 gallon an hour for the G model.
These pumps seem to be approx $200. on ebay , brand new. The Econ T seems perfect with the built in timer.

One question for experts ..........
I have limited space to fit the Stenner barrel as I have a limited footprint in my pool pump house. My liquidator barely fits in the footprint I have to work with. I am thinking of "re-purposing" my Liquidator vat as the container for the sodium hyperchlorite , as it already fits the footprint of the space where the vat has to go for the stenner (about 10" x 10" square) . Plus I can just re-use the Liquidator vat so it wont be a total waste. It will not be outside in sunlight or weather at all , and located in a dark cool space of my pool pump house (under my pool house bathroom) basically in exactly the same space as the liquidator vat already resides . Any one see any problems with re-purposing my Liquidator as a vat for the stenner pump ? I can even "seal" the chlorine in the vat with a few inches of water on the top , just as how the Liquidator does . The liquidator already provides the way to add SH to the bottom of the vat via internal funnel, so filling it should not disturb or mix any water / SH "line in the sand" . The stenner will be pulling from the bottom of the vat .

Here is the footprint I have to work with , hence why I am thinking of just keeping the Liquidator vat , as the Stenner vat .

IMG_1375_zpsuuyhbfho.jpg

Good plan ?

Looks like a good plan to reuse the square plastic Liquidator tub, no need to spend money on anything else. It looks like a heavy plastic tub and was designed to hold chlorine - so no reason not too. I had not heard or now was I aware of the water floating on top of the chlorine - if you can continue to do that sounds good, but I don't see any real need.

You are already under roof with it, so you shouldn't have to worry about sun degradation and whether is is a clear or opaque plastic. Use what you've got and save $20 to $200 depending on what you'd buy to put in its place.

I also like the stenner that will pump more per minute. Agree that it perhaps will give you longer life.

Well I pulled the trigger today. I will report back on the quality and let everyone know how it works out. I plan on using it in the garage for a few days and them move it out the the pad. I will probably start out with 2.5 gallon jugs of chlorine and eventually move to a bigger size container when I feel it wont dump 15 gallons into the pool. Mine will be outdoors in the environment and will have a shield/cover over it.

Well I pulled the trigger today. I will report back on the quality and let everyone know how it works out. I plan on using it in the garage for a few days and them move it out the the pad. I will probably start out with 2.5 gallon jugs of chlorine and eventually move to a bigger size container when I feel it wont dump 15 gallons into the pool. Mine will be outdoors in the environment and will have a shield/cover over it.

Same here ........... I just purchased an EconT last night , but went with the E20T4G .
Found pretty good deals on these EconT pumps on fleabay . Got one for $215. Not too many places to get the EconT (vs the traditional Stenners) online. Found a few, but most are in the high $300. - $400+ range . Should be here next week .
I plan on using my Liquidator reservoir as a re purposed Stenner vat . Just going to get rid of all the liquidator stuff minus the reservoir . I already have it, so might as well keep using it, and at least I know its already suited for chlorine use .

Will hopefully get this all set up next week sometime.
Let us know how you do with the EconT when you get it !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought the same one from probably the same seller.

Hey Regnar,
Did you get your pump yet ? It appears we may have purchased from the same e-bay seller (dpumpdoctor) ???
I haven't received mine yet, and haven't even received a tracking number yet through e-bay. Mine was ordered 5/31 .
Just wondering , if you purchased from the same seller, what your experience is so far and if you got your pump yet ?

Same seller and has not shipped to me either. Did reply to a email asking what was going on with the the shipping and "Scott" said he would check on it Monday. For as many items he has listed I had kinda hope it would ship faster.

Same seller and has not shipped to me either. Did reply to a email asking what was going on with the the shipping and "Scott" said he would check on it Monday. For as many items he has listed I had kinda hope he has his act together.

Thanks, Yep same here . I see there are already positive feedback's for items that were sold , shipped and received AFTER our pumps were ordered !
I am not in a huge rush, but hoping to get this set-up next week some time.

You are right , for the amount of listings and sold items with very little negative feedback, I wasn't really concerned. Just strange how we didn't even get tracking numbers yet ?
I will contact him too, and let you know how I make out .

Thanks, Yep same here . I see there are already positive feedback's for items that were sold , shipped and received AFTER our pumps were ordered !
I am not in a huge rush, but hoping to get this set-up next week some time.

You are right , for the amount of listings and sold items with very little negative feedback, I wasn't really concerned. Just strange how we didn't even get tracking numbers yet ?
I will contact him too, and let you know how I make out .

Got a email today saying it will ship out Wednesday or Thursday. My wife reminded me today that everyone doesn't have the same resources as Amazon and to be a little more patient.

Got a email today saying it will ship out Wednesday or Thursday. My wife reminded me today that everyone doesn't have the same resources as Amazon and to be a little more patient.

Yep, I got the exact same e-mail today from "Scott" .
Would have been nice to know it wouldn't even have shipped out until a week after our orders were placed ...............grrrrrrrr . :mad:

Oh well, nothing else to do now .but wait for it to arrive !

Hey Regnar,
My Econ T shipped out today via Fedex . Supposed to arrive Friday (PA) .
With any luck, you should get your first since you are in FLA . (well you probably had to pay FLA tax , so maybe its not as lucky to get it first, lol ) .
Let me know when you get yours !

Hey Regnar,
My Econ T shipped out today via Fedex . Supposed to arrive Friday (PA) .
With any luck, you should get your first since you are in FLA . (well you probably had to pay FLA tax , so maybe its not as lucky to get it first, lol ) .
Let me know when you get yours !

It showed up today and it's the real deal. Gonna set it up in the garage and test it out for a week before mounting it on the pad.
e5e9f0d72f2bab5cea333699e72c1633.jpg
b78df7c8ef398a86f191d4d3e987bddb.jpg
bf34563c33bdd73bf11f178403ee5221.jpg
e6718c3262e7b88dc4aec936ff867298.jpg
4f3c1ea7395ebf9ddc0d97e778aa3553.jpg

Looks like I will let you all know how well their customer support is. The Day button on the control pad is either bad or not installed. I cannot feel a click and nothing is happening while pressed.

In manual mode the pump works great. I don't feel it's terribly loud or annoying. Should be barely noticeable from 10 feet away.

If your wonder what's inside or how to change the battery here is a photo. Also a photo of the plugs warning label. Have to figure out what kind of plug they want to have this in for outdoors.
a1781ca6c49cae384995d0ff7d1a3f16.jpg
06ad13b0fa5ba8e4ab9840d1973ee228.jpg
b592c92cea18b4fde6690a95fd5089b7.jpg
ca510201098397775f2f8565712489a1.jpg

Customer Service was pretty good. I have to send the pump in to get looked at and fixed. But should have it back in about a week.

We talked for a moment and the Rep said that my pump was only a few days old. Basically it was assembled on June 02 2017. You can tell by the first 6 digits in the serial number. I bought it on May 30th so it explains the slow shipping. He said to be careful next time purchasing a pump from Ebay or Amazon. Some sellers are not authorized and the purchase date goes by the date the original purchaser bought it. So you could buy a 4 year old pump with no warrantee.

I also asked about the Plugs Warning. Because it is the power supply you should not have it in a small enclosure where heat cannot dissipate. Of course a GFCI is code for most places but he said I might be able to get away with a plug enclosure that does not have a bottom and still allows air to flow through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.