Anyone check out how blue their pool is on Google Maps?

Apr 20, 2017
Phoenix
Anyone else like to find their home on google maps and compare how blue your pool is compared to others in the neighborhood? In my "research" I discovered that a few of my neighbors would really benefit from this site.

The color of the plaster or liner is the primary determinant of the color you see from above, that is unless that color is bright green.

I wish I could say my pool (TFP pool) looked different than my neighbors' pools (five non-TFP pools) from "space"....but they don't. We all have nice little blue ponds in our yards....of course, I bet mine "feels" and "smells" a lot better than theirs....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh....and, unlike my neighbors' pools, mine does not require the weekly service trip from a pool "professional" charging upwards of $1,200/year....I spend about $300/year on mine.

Mine does look different from most of my neighbor's, but it's primarily because most have Tahoe or Caribbean blue pebble tec vs my Pearl White. That makes mine a cool light blue color.

Mine does look different from most of my neighbor's, but it's primarily because most have Tahoe or Caribbean blue pebble tec vs my Pearl White. That makes mine a cool light blue color.

When I finally pull the trigger on AquaBright (many years form now likely :( ), I'm going with a darker blue - Mediterranean Blue.

I like using the history function... when we left our old house, pool was blue as blue could be. Three months later it was green. To be honest, it was kind of sad since I've never had anything but a blue pool.

One of of my favorite things is looking at real estate listings! We had this one in our neighborhood listed as a sparkling pebbletec pool that was green in the pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't figured out how to find the history function on google maps that Captain mentioned. Anyone know how? I would love to see what it looked like before I owned home.

The iPhone app doesn't show history that I'm aware of, but while viewing google earth from a computer, there is a button on top that looks like a clock that enables a slider.

I used google maps in a web browser. At the bottom right it says when the image was taken. This is from June 2013, my first pool opening ever and it looks pretty good!

OcDe3jLh1Hse6ZEYYavG6bF3D3aUTyTkjpFXZZAoM3JhPc8MJFCXUxLxCjefo1RJuGt5CNBtIhKE8NrMlzrUziENqshXjARtmG_yrxVO-JnKHdRrVtZbY64eWLb_NpkCF4xxO3TqqotsoijaijA_P8ujk_BEUXtx_utS8I6LuSL5uS0roVrHwCq6DENuiRmL8hGl4PJIRS08BYokcE0NaUpN7j6BOoK_q-gjaQkkX499topLKEk1PyEl-_Y7iHjGpa7lwjuwOOSR0tDaxWlQJ3bpKZmb6s9lXJ1Km43QmXZudoDqJUZDPSiI2eG5LYxSJldeke9x-wD109fOrh6or0dPTsMFfj1w_eWNk9aVZ9V9nOjsZHhJVHF-7Qy-AVYAKDQWF2SNE4ga0m5WKE-eyZuOw3wCZFKo0UAY1jeV8dd4Xoz7tI5qBoN4wFqS6fxH5kUCAyjwt28fmP-Et_MVmOmVDbtXUw_nqr7MoaB4xZ85IA74Y7JkDa528ewi8IgBUSs7ojsUTLeZKwni0EayheOglNR3vgeSQSyltCURFdOiAfuxQ9qTAmqFAFWZHetZLUysBaMDMSaTn_XH0XpnsP3diz6XIRLT9XN7ps2Lc_VwATkq8-Kw=w709-h458-no

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.