Does a 16' AGP need sand?

Yes wheelbarrow in mason sand. I just installed my first above ground and removed the sod and laser leveled the blocks for columns. I used 2-3 inches of sand combined with a gorilla liner. I heard also that the smell of the grass decomposing under the pool is pretty bad.

Remember this if you start...Level, Level, Level. By far the biggest mistake reported on this forum is not leveling the site.

As a rule, all your posts must be within one inch level of one another. It's a fatal mistake and your pool will collapse if you do a sloppy job leveling.

Oh goodness yes!!! Remove ALL grass/ weeds / vegetation of any kind!! STINKY isn't even the word for how it smells! Bleh
LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL!!! Use pavers for the legs making them level with the ground! Dig down don't build up!!!
And sand is not a means of base! It's merely used to "protect and smooth" the bottom of your pool! Be sure to compact/ tamp until it just won't anymore!
I'm on my 8th year and talk about trial by error!! Ugh. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.