Opening pool

Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Ok so I opened the pool today and surprisingly clear water...so excited...that being said just filling the pool to appropriate level so I can run the pool and start testing cya level. I do have a question I read the opening your winterized pool on the site.....with the pool being clear do I proceed with slamming procedure? And if so it doesn't really say for how long I have to slam it for
d856ec94e1a23703101041811ab3560c.jpg
8a7dbc9c823a16f56eb9ea2d4f494133.jpg
8954f3aaf7755ce77479cea778eb20bb.jpg

Wow! That water looks remarkable.....no need to SLAM.

Simply run your pump for a few hours to circulate water and then take a full battery of tests, Please post them right to this thread and we'll get you balanced and on your way!

Nice closing last year.....that's why your water is so perfect looking now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I have a question, I know the rule of thumb with a solar cover is you put it on at night add take it off in the morning....but I left it on this morning cause it's gonna be raining and dreary all day today......is it ok to leave solar covers on thru out the whole day?

Did you have to pump any water out? If not, all your cya is still in, although it may be slightly diluted. In an average 4 foot deep pool, your cya will drop by 1-2 for every inch of water added. Not al really anything to worry about unless you got some really heavy rain. As the excess water evaporates, your cya will rise back up (unless you pumped it out)

It probably won't be enough that I would worry about adding more at the moment. I usually add cya to the highest recommended level and with refills, rains, and backwashing, it usually takes it down only a little throughout the whole season. I wouldn't worry about retesting quite yet. You'll quickly run out of the reagent if you test it after every rainstorm.

Again, you only lose maybe 1 ppm for every inch of rain. Given the sensitivity of the test, you likely won't have a measurable difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.