Stains - Asorbic Acid Wash

Jun 12, 2012
Columbia, SC
Local outlets, Lowes Home Depot had zero Muriatic Acid this week so I purchased Dry Acid at Leslie's (ugh) to drive my PH down from 8 to 7.4. Here in Columbia, SC my PH creeps all the time.

I've had some staining the last few years so I placed about a half pound in a sock and placed over an area of staining. 15 minutes later the stain had lifted and the Gunite surface below the sock was clean and bright.

Been reading up on the Asorbic Acid wash posts. Is it time for that process?

If so, what sequestering agent is best?

Thank you, Dennis

FC 8
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 80
CH 220 (raising it now)
CYA 50

30k gallon Gunite
Pentair 2 hp
Sand Filter

I strongly recommend contacting the folks at Jack's magic.
An AA treatment can be a handful. 2 weeks into mine & still can't see the bottom of my pool. You want to make SURE you need to go this route & are doing the right thing. If yo do this, you will be using sequestrant from this point forward. Find my post in the deep end. You will see what I mean.
I would not do this again without 1st consulting Jack's and if possible, getting swampwoman involved.
Just my 2 cents

Absolutely! If you add anything to your pool you need to the ability to test for that substance. Get the test kit. Those guys are great. Even gave me his personal cell# in case I had after hours concerns or questions.
They will most likely want you to purchase a stain ID kit as well. I don't believe this is a sales tactic but is rather more in following our TFP mantra. Test, know, know what, know why, know what to expect.... THEN act. It would have been money well spent for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.