Outdoor step lighting on Deck?

Same here, but it's passed hobby and is well into sickness ;) I'm well over 100 zwave devices in the house now all voice controlled. I don't have to physically turn on or off any light, anywhere! Runs the pool filter based on wind speed and temp, irrigation based on rainfall, closes my garage's when I forget to, locks all the doors based on my physical location, landscape lighting...you name it. Love it!

Same here, but it's passed hobby and is well into sickness ;) I'm well over 100 zwave devices in the house now all voice controlled. I don't have to physically turn on or off any light, anywhere! Runs the pool filter based on wind speed and temp, irrigation based on rainfall, closes my garage's when I forget to, locks all the doors based on my physical location, landscape lighting...you name it. Love it!
You guys all have me salivating to do some serious automation. I actually think it could be useful with my brain disorder.
But we have two teenagers, who would most likely use the controls to annoy eachother.
Also, it seems to get expensive and we have still tons of work to do to our house.

i really like z-wave. all my lightening for 2 of my 3 floors are now z-wave. i have had zero issues. even after adding devices from year to year. i did stay with the exact same brand though for proper polling back and forth between them. biggest thing with zwave is keeping the network in a tight mesh.

everything else is IP controlled for stats, security, cameras, sprinklers. they all play nice together. took a while take have everyhting function on one app but i'm finally there.

i could have done it over night going the control4 route or crestron route but i really wanted to be open source as much as possible for future changes and i wanted to be able to do all programming myself. i think even if i had access to control4 our crestron which i'm sure i could have had if i wanted i'm glad i went the route i did with vera, HAI, and irule as the devise control.

google is you r best friend and if you are at all handy you can teach urself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.