Major LEAK on top of sand filter at the valve handle!!! HELP!!!

I'm a total pool newbie and not very handy although more handy than my husband so here it goes. Lol! We purchased a new Summer Waves 16'x48" round pool. Also got the Summer Waves sand pump and a Summer Waves saltwater system. Everything seems to be working except for the fact that water is flowing out through the top of the sand filter coming out of the valve handle area spilling into the label that shows, "backwash, rinse, filter, etc." We ran the first 1 min backwash and rinse... it seemed okay, we set it in the filter mode next and it started leaking. No other leaks, just that area. I'm on Day 2 of trying to figure this out. Yesterday I had the same thing happen along with other leaks and I decided to just take it all apart and returned it thinking it was defective. This was after 3 calls to customer service and they were no help other than to tell me to lubricant the "O" rings which I did today before set up. That helped with all other leaks except for the major one spilling out from the handle area on the top. Could the saltwater system be causing any of this? We haven't turned that on yet however the water does come out of the sand pump and in through the saltwater system then makes its way back into the pool. The water seems to be returning to the pool fine and it looks really good other than that leaking that's going to cause the label to peal off! Oh how I hope someone can troubleshoot this please!!!!

We had the same filter, emphasis on the word had. Had the same problems you were having. After lots of research ended up discovering that filter is very picky when it comes to head pressure in the return line. Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you, we tried 3 different units and had problems with each before we ended up purchasing a different setup.

Thank you! I'm thinking after my now 5 calls into Customer Service and my now second purchase trying to get this filter working, I need to get both of these sand filters returned and buy something else.... hopefully the intex sand filter will connect to our pool with ease. I'm on day 4 of dealing with this all day long. :-(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.