Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Clear Filter Cartridge cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Clear Filter Cartridge cleaning

Wanting what folks are doing about cleaning the cartridge filter on the Pentair Filters?

I know you can hose it down but are folks let it soak in a water tub with say dishwasher soap for a while before hosing it down?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Clear Filter Cartridge cleaning

G,

All I do is hose mine off twice a year.

I use the "Filter Flosser" which I find makes it easier for me, but not necessary.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jimrahbe.
    I need to get my pool cleaner then. I had the thing cleaned yesterday; starting pressure was 8 psi. By this time, the pressure is @ 20. When I put my fingers into the pleats of the filter, I can get this white grime which is touch to clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gorji View Post
    Thanks Jimrahbe.
    I need to get my pool cleaner then. I had the thing cleaned yesterday; starting pressure was 8 psi. By this time, the pressure is @ 20. When I put my fingers into the pleats of the filter, I can get this white grime which is touch to clean.
    How old are your filter cartridges?
    I have been rotating two sets of four the last 6 years and when cleaned they would be around 12 psi and go up quickly. Finally bought a new set of four this spring and my d/p was practically at 0 with them in. I guess I waited a little long to replace them.
    17,500 gallon 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter
    Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG 35K, Raypak R6350TI-E HeatPump
    Solar cover, Loop Lok winter Cover
    Artisian Antigua hot tub, Polk Atrium 4's

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
    How old are your filter cartridges?
    I have been rotating two sets of four the last 6 years and when cleaned they would be around 12 psi and go up quickly. Finally bought a new set of four this spring and my d/p was practically at 0 with them in. I guess I waited a little long to replace them.
    My filter is 4 months old. My pool chem is good but I still have dead algae which is clogging it (I think). Waiting for my robot to come and cleans things up.
    Its should come on Friday.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by gorji View Post
    My filter is 4 months old. My pool chem is good but I still have dead algae which is clogging it (I think). Waiting for my robot to come and cleans things up.
    Its should come on Friday.
    G,

It is impossible to have "good pool water chemistry" and have algae...

Sorry, but all the filters and robots in the world will not solve your issue.

Suggest you read this... https://www.troublefreepool.com/cont...at-is-tfpc-bbb

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Fully Agree. I should have been more precise. Thank you.