Pentair Clear Filter Cartridge cleaning

gorji

Jun 11, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Wanting what folks are doing about cleaning the cartridge filter on the Pentair Filters?

I know you can hose it down but are folks let it soak in a water tub with say dishwasher soap for a while before hosing it down?

Thanks

Thanks Jimrahbe.
I need to get my pool cleaner then. I had the thing cleaned yesterday; starting pressure was 8 psi. By this time, the pressure is @ 20. When I put my fingers into the pleats of the filter, I can get this white grime which is touch to clean.

Thanks Jimrahbe.
I need to get my pool cleaner then. I had the thing cleaned yesterday; starting pressure was 8 psi. By this time, the pressure is @ 20. When I put my fingers into the pleats of the filter, I can get this white grime which is touch to clean.

How old are your filter cartridges?
I have been rotating two sets of four the last 6 years and when cleaned they would be around 12 psi and go up quickly. Finally bought a new set of four this spring and my d/p was practically at 0 with them in. I guess I waited a little long to replace them.

How old are your filter cartridges?
I have been rotating two sets of four the last 6 years and when cleaned they would be around 12 psi and go up quickly. Finally bought a new set of four this spring and my d/p was practically at 0 with them in. I guess I waited a little long to replace them.

My filter is 4 months old. My pool chem is good but I still have dead algae which is clogging it (I think). Waiting for my robot to come and cleans things up.
Its should come on Friday.

My filter is 4 months old. My pool chem is good but I still have dead algae which is clogging it (I think). Waiting for my robot to come and cleans things up.
Its should come on Friday.

G,

It is impossible to have "good pool water chemistry" and have algae...

Sorry, but all the filters and robots in the world will not solve your issue.

Suggest you read this... https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/122-what-is-tfpc-bbb

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.