Seepage pit?

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
So I found a old survey that shows a seepage pit possibly where the framework of the pool is going. It says on the survey, pump and abandon the pits. This was part of the old septic system. I would hope the pit was filled when abandoned but who knows? I am literally going off a original survey. Has anyone run into this? My husband is all concerned about the pool going on top of the pit. We need to dig about a foot down for leveling where the pit is supposed to be.

It may be a good investment to get a soil engineer to take a core sample in the area where you want to install the pool to see if it will support the weight of one when filled. Even if it was filled, who knows what it was filled with and AGPs are very heavy. You will want to make sure the ground is going to be stable.

I have septic here and had it at the old house. Both places I had to put in a new drain field. We did NOT fill in or do anything to the old field. If you look at what a drain field is in the "old days" you will see it is a big trench with 8" pipe with holes in them. They put a "sock" around it then put rocks/gravel all around it to help drain the liquid out. They then filled it all back in with the dirt they took out.

I do know they say to not drive a heavy truck over it as it might crush the pipe. That is something to think about.

Good luck!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.