Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on bonding pool with resin bottom and top rail, but metal uprights and wall.

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on bonding pool with resin bottom and top rail, but metal uprights and wall.

I have searched and couldn't find anything only a post about bonding a Sharkline Matrix that has only metal walls. My Saltwater LX is different as it has resin top and bottom rail with metal uprights and metal wall. I am unsure how to bond besides running wire to each one of the 14 legs to a wire halo surrounding the pool. I can bond the wall where the stainless steel service panel is and was planning on bonding the water with a waterbug, just not sure about the leg issue.

Thanks in advance
    Tanner
    22' x 4' Intex Ultra Frame 11,000 gal, setup in summer of 2012. Hayward Power-Flo Lx 1hp 60GPM pump, Pentair SD 80 sand filter, wide mouth skimmer, all hard plumbed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on bonding pool with resin bottom and top rail, but metal uprights and w

In your case I would use one of the bolts where the wall is bolted together as you bond point. You could also bond to a few of the uprights around the pool spaced out equally but you don't need to get each one.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Question on bonding pool with resin bottom and top rail, but metal uprights and w

I have the same pool. We started at the pump, then to the water, then to four metal uprights evenly spaced around the pool. I believe we kept the wire buried 18 inches from the pool. Sounds like you plan the same. Worked great until we built a free floating deck that gives us a tiny static shock intermittently...,but that is another story...
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.

4. Back To Top    #4

My plan is to bond directly to the wall under the cove area with a self taping screw covered with gorilla tape. The 6-8" high cove required by my pool manufacturer should insure the liner NEVER comes into contact with the screw head.
    The Pool Factory Melenia 30'x54" Round semi-inground pool 25ga overlap liner
    Hayward SP15922S Power Flo Matrix 1hp 2-speed pump
    Hayward DE3620 Progrid 36 square-foot vertical grid DE filter
    Hayward SP0710XR50 Pro-series Vari-flow backwash valve
    ~22,000 gallons