Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Source for Parts for Sta-Rite High Rate Sand Filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Source for Parts for Sta-Rite High Rate Sand Filter?

Well, folks, it's been a productive fall/winter/spring around our house. We demolished our old pool house, poured a new concrete pad, and built a 12x20 pool house/storage building. Also moved all of the pool equipment inside, sitting in a "tray" in the concrete pad with a drain. Had to cut pipe below the water line in the pool (talk about a mess... 12+ hours of running a sump pump before we could do any pipe fitting).

Anyway, the guys who demolished the pool house moved my sand filter. By laying it on its side (still full of sand...) and rolling it across the yard. I spent a couple of days with a Shop-Vac removing all the sand to check the laterals only to discover, much to my surprise, that they're all still attached and in great shape. I figured surely something would have been damaged with 575 lbs. of wet sand rolling around inside there. But, then again, wet sand stays in place pretty well, so maybe it provided some stability and "locked" everything in place.

This has led me to my question today: I looked for weeks for somewhere to purchase parts for this Sta-Rite filter (in the event something was actually damaged). I know Sta-Rite was bought out by Pentair at some point, so I started looking at Pentair parts. But none of the ones I've found look similar to what I've got.

If I break something in this filter at some point, am I just up a creek?
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Source for Parts for Sta-Rite High Rate Sand Filter?

My go to place for parts is Swimming Pool Supplies - Pool Parts - INYOPools.com they can figure out most stuff like this!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Picture of the filter could help, couldn't locate anything from that filter no.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd almost forgotten I started this thread (I knew I'd wanted to, but couldn't remember if I had or not...).

I've got the pool open, everything is running fine(ish). The lid on my sand filter appears to be a "universal replacement," which is now leaking. There are several small cracks that are allowing water to seep through.

After doing some looking, it appears the Pentair Triton II filter is purt-near the same thing as what I have (having Shop-Vac'ed all the sand out and becoming quite intimate with this filter gave me an idea of what the parts look like inside...), and one of the exploded diagrams on one of the pool part websites shows a "universal 6" filter lid" that is exactly what's on mine now.

This tells me 2 things:

1. My filter lid is 6" in diameter.
    2. My filter lid has V-threads, rather than buttress threads (I didn't realize the thread style would be important at the time I had it apart, so I didn't pay attention).

I'll post pics of the filter when I get home tonight just so y'all can see what I've got going on here.
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay! I am learning with you! THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit