Bought my first home, it has a pool :D

May 14, 2017
Galt, CA
I'm 25, bought my first home in Northern California. Its has freeform pool, about 20-25k gallons, 4' in the shallow end and 8' in the deep end. Waterfall/rock feature in the middle.

I'm still in the learning procees, water is clear, just got my K2006 and seems like CYA is off the charts, previous owner used the Clorox Active 99 3" tablets. If I had to guess, its 200+ I haven't done the diluted test yet but the black dot disappeared like a half inch from the bottom if I recall...

I've swam in it 3 or 4 times before I tested it with the K2006, just bought the place 3 weeks ago. I bought a harbor freight pump and will be draining sometime this week to lower the CYA...

Congrats on the new home, and the pool.

I was also fortunate to find TFP right off the bat during our build last year. Crystal clear water from day one and no regrets (other than I got eager and opened a couple of weeks early which ended up in a stupid high light bill from the heat pump...)

Get some pics up if you can. Everybody here loves pics. And when you get a chance update your signature with your pool & equipment info -- it's kind of a "Hello, my name is _____" sticker here.

Mario,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners with a waterfall in the middle of their pool... :snorkle:

Sounds to me like you are well on your way to taking care of your own pool...

Glad to have you with us,

Jim R.

I'm at work right now, here's a few pics I have from when we moved in, my brother decided to help Vacuum the pool after he had a few beers.

The Waterfall Pump is obnoxiously loud, not sure if its a bearing or what, the Booster pump could be quieter as well, main pump is almost whisper quiet. My plan is to get a variable speed pump for the Main Pump, swap the quiet century motor over to the waterfall, and maybe replace a bearing on the booster pump, still looking into it.

Also want to replace the 500w Halogen's with some LEDs, maybe color changing ones if possible. I also want to try to light up the waterfall somehow.