Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
looking for best options for a DIY-

i have spoken to a couple people regarding Cool Deck etc- they all run around $4/foot-

are there any DIY options Stains + Sealers that are worth a S*^t??

If it's just broom-finish concrete you can stain it, seal it, paint it, vinyl finish it. There are also a number of DIY texture deck coating finishes. Paint doesn't hold up very well but all the others a reasonable options. How do you want it to look? How much money/time/effort are you willing to devote to the project?

A lot will depend on your level of skill and experience as a DIYer and the amount of time and $$ You are willing to donate to the project.

i have been looking at the Seal-Krete system- budget like to be done under $2K with something that looks good- but i am worried some of these newer products haven't been around long enough to establish much of a history. My Concrete is in very good condition- but it has Zero personality- and its rough on the feet- would like to put something down that is aesthetically groovy and add some of that non slip additive. My gut is to stay away from paint- the seal crete has an etch... followed by a bonding primer - and then 2 coat application with a sealer as a third coat-

i like the idea of the bonding primer requirement on any system for longevity- thoughts???

SEAL-KRETE® | Concrete Pool Deck Coating & Sealer

If it's just broom-finish concrete you can stain it, seal it, paint it, vinyl finish it. There are also a number of DIY texture deck coating finishes. Paint doesn't hold up very well but all the others a reasonable options. How do you want it to look? How much money/time/effort are you willing to devote to the project?

A lot will depend on your level of skill and experience as a DIYer and the amount of time and $$ You are willing to donate to the project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.