Help! Hayward Heatpro Heater over-heating pool.

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Just last week I installed a Hayward Heatpro 110k Btu heat pro pump. The first day I set heater to heat water to 86 degrees (from 79 degrees current water temp). 12 hours later I checked and it had heated pool to 89 degrees, that's 3 degrees more than I requested. I turned heat pump off purposeful to see water temp go back to 81...then requested heater to heat to 84 degrees. Within hours it heater to 87 degrees.

I'd figure these heaters should know through a built in thermostat when to stop heating...but it seems to me as it is overheating always by 3 degrees. I guess I could counter by always requesting to heat 3 degrees less but that shouldn't be.

Any ideas?

Also I don't think it matters but salt cell system reads even higher temperatures than the heater's thermostat display. Haven't check with a manual thermometer to see who is right.

Also this is a brand new system and I doubt the thermostat would be busted.

So I went from too cold to too hot. Now I just want to find a way to control it a perfect 85 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.