Can't find the bonding lug

Wseaac

May 28, 2015
Reynoldsburg Ohio
Hello everyone! I'm trying to get my AGP up to code by connecting a bonding jumper to my Hayward VL series pump. I can't find the bonding lug, it doesn't appear to have one. Also, the pump seem to be all plastic and fiberglass. I'm calling the inspector tomorrow, but wanted your thoughts. Thanks for any help.

Interesting....

I hunted down the Manual online and the word "bonding" doesn't appear.
So I wandered out and looked at mine. On the back of the motor, screwed to a threaded hole on a raised boss, is this:

I'd start looking at the back end of the motor for any empty threaded holes.

Thanks Richard,
I looked at the pump again and still don't see anything. I bought a lug like the one in your picture, so I'll be good as soon as I find where to put it. I'm going to attach more pictures of the pump too. The full model number is VL40T32

That's odd. I don't see a lug anywhere. Maybe remove the back shroud or look under the motor.

If you can't find a lug, you can attach to a screw that goes into the metal of the motor.

Maybe secure the lug to one of the shroud screws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.