No water!!

Apr 30, 2016
Merrick/NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all. First time opening my pool as it was installed last spring.
Everything connected easy, had it running, then I drained some water through the "waste" feature of the filter, but when I turned it back to filter, I couldn't get water to come from the pool into the pump/filter. Nothing. Had the same problem initially too, but it eventually worked. Thought maybe the pump needs to be primed, but i believe it's self priming.
Can't move forward til I get this going.
Appreciate any insight or suggestions.
Thank you!!
John

John, silly question but I have to ask .... are you shutting-off the motor before turning the multiport valve? Also, is you water level still high enough after all of that filtering to waste? Just to make sure your skimmer(s) (if you have no main drain) are getting enough water.

Start with the easiest: pump strainer basket lid O-ring. The tiniest gap will allow air in and prevent the pump from priming.

Then perhaps move the multiport to waste or recirculate and see if it will prime there. Could be your filter is really clogged and it can't push any water through so it can;t prime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.