Pool Cleaner Delay

May 13, 2017
Houston
Morning everyone - hope this is in the correct forum. If not, please direct me to the right place.

I have a Pentair Racer LS run by a Pentair Easy Touch system. For years, I could turn on the cleaner manually, but pressing the cleaner button on the control panel. The pump would start right up.

Recently, when I push the cleaner button, it blinks red, and I get a DEL message on the screen. Stays this way for 10 or 15 minutes before the pump kicks in and starts running the cleaner.

Not the end of the world, as I don't manually turn it on very often, just curious why it would start doing this all of the sudden. Any suggestions? Thanks! :cool:

Sounds like a delay function has been enabled. Check your user manual for the Easy Touch to see if you can disable a delay. Normally, things like heaters are on a delay or the delay may be enabled to wait for the main pump to run for a while before the booster pump kicks on for the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.