Best Way To Raise PH without Raising Alkalinity

May 4, 2015
Chardon, ohio
I am getting ready to flock my in-ground pool to vacuum to waste all the dead algea after an algea bloom. Alkalinity is 95 and PH is 7.2. Bottle of flock recommends PH to be 7.8 or above for it to work as advertised and I don't know why. Should I try to raise the PH up? How do I raise it up without messing too much with alkalinity? Any pointers from you experts to this novice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aerate the water. If you have a spa, crank it up to max and turn on the blower. If not, point the return eyeballs up to get the surface rippling. People have devised all sorts of things with PVC pipe. Someone else used a submersible pump hooked to a lawn sprinkler.

My pool port is a threaded 3/4 pipe, so I just bought a 3/4" to 1" adapter at Home Depot and built everything with 1" pvc. I did use a few unions to make it easier to assemble and disassemble when needed. I glued everything together. I orginally started with just a single one, but decided to add a second one to see if it would decrease the aeration time needed. Not sure how much it really helped. Even just one would work fine IMO.

Thanks! I like all the unions. I've seen other options but I like this one for the circulation potential - I don't get great circulation in the deep end, so this gives me a way to do surface and middle of the deep end at the same time. My port has the quick disconnect (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZTUEAO), so I've been trying to think of a way to fit this connection into an aeration tool. I'll eventually get there!

The quick disconnect is 1.5" I believe, so you could just get a 1.5" threaded piece and use all 1.5" pvc. I try not use it unless I really need to aerate because it can get costly running off my booster pump for long periods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.