Pool pump replacement help

May 12, 2017
Phoenix/AZ
In the process of changing out a pool pump. the old one was hooked up to 2 different timers. Hi and Lo I believe. The wiring posts don't mirror what the old pump had but was given this new one by the pool company saying it would work. Any info or help in getting this new one wired up is greatly appreciated.

image1.jpg
Old motor wiring

image2.jpg
New motor wire posts with old wiring next to it.

image3.jpg
New motor panel info.

Yep, the dual speed never worked before so single speed is all good.

I am guessing the purple and black would stay on L1 and L2 respectively. While the Green of course goes to Ground. Correct me if I am wrong on any of that.

It's the Yellow wire that is throwing me off. The new pump doesn't have that "B" terminal. So, just not sure what to do with it. Cap it off? Just remove it from whatever timer it is coming from and pull it out of the conduit?

Thanks, will give it a go as above.

Do you happen to know what that B terminal might of been for in the old pump? Speed setting for the motor maybe? I can't find anything about a B terminal on a pool pump anywhere. The motor info panel on the old pump was long destroyed by the elements so it is not readable.

Thanks, will give it a go as above.

Do you happen to know what that B terminal might of been for in the old pump? Speed setting for the motor maybe? I can't find anything about a B terminal on a pool pump anywhere. The motor info panel on the old pump was long destroyed by the elements so it is not readable.
The way it probably (note probably) was set up is that black and purple are each 120VAC at opposite phases. So black or purple to yellow/white is 120V low speed. Black and purple is 240VAC his speed.

Open up the timer boxes and see what you have in there and wire accordingly.

The way it probably (note probably) was set up is that black and purple are each 120VAC at opposite phases. So black or purple to yellow/white is 120V low speed. Black and purple is 240VAC his speed.

Open up the timer boxes and see what you have in there and wire accordingly.

Thanks.....was kind of thinking that as well but just wasn't positive. Bringing my multimeter home with me today so I am going to test the wires.

Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.