Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I noticed the other day when the pump started that the returns were blowing air out first.
Thought it was odd, but then everything looked fine.

We have no water leaking that I can see. Water level is the same as it has been.

When pump is running it is at about 20psi. Max says 50 on filter.

The filter basket, when the water comes in to the filter from the pool, is not keeping a suction for water when it is turned off.
The only thing different is that this year we replaced the rubber ring on that filter basket.

I am stumped. What could be De- pressurising the system?

Ok. So I think I figured it out.. which I thought may happen once I posted this. :)
Right where the connection to the pump motor and the tubing that goes to the filter the seal is not keeping the water in.
What can I use to fix this?
d621bd696383702f25cf80c9e5e3ecf7.jpg

P,

Did you lube the new pump lid O-Ring?

It sure sounds like you have an air leak to me...

Jim R.
Jim they told me not to lube that ring.
The ring we replaced was for the first basket when the water comes from the pool, before the heater and filter.

I can see where it is leaking. Only leaking when the pump is on. It is after that basket before the filter. Literally the tubing coming from the motor area.

Think maybe I need to get some type of plumbing goop?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.