Pool skimmer sock for stabelizer disolving ok?

Mar 19, 2017
FL
I've read numerous threads, but can't seem to get a clear answer about this one.
I've got the skimmer basket socks for helping trap all the tiny junk(which i have been lazy and haven't even started using yet)...
I would like to know if they are acceptable to use to put stabilizer in to dissolve, and if so, its ok to just drop it in the skimmer while pump runs on low all day?
I would think it would clog the water flow doing it that way, maybe not?
Pouring it right in the skimmer seems to just not be the best way do pour that stuff in. Some have said tie it to the ladder, its on the opposite side of the return, so not sure if that would be acceptable either....
You guys here always help with my random questions being a new owner and all, so thank you in advance as per usual!! :D:D:D

I put mine in a pair of Gold Toe black dress socks (each men's sock holds about 2 lbs). Tied a knot in each sock, then used some twine to tie them to a patio chair. Placed the chair near the pool so the socks hung a few feet downstream from a return jet. Worked brilliantly - with occasional massaging, all of it was dissolved in a matter of hours, and the CYA registered on my test the very next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.