Lap Pool Renovation with Aquabright

Wow Amy. You are such a strong woman to handle all of that and here you are. And though you still have some struggles, whenever you doubt your strength, just look back at all you have been through and you are still kicking! So glad you are on the upswing with all you were dealing with. And I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. I lost my dad a year ago next month.

I do feel ya with the allergies. I am from the south, being born in NC and at 12 weeks old moved to Columbus, GA until 9 when we moved to Jax/St Aug, FL and yet I am still literally allergic to EVERY grass, tree, weed, etc EXCEPT pine. I am also allergic to my dogs, cats, and horses, plus mold etc. The best thing I ever did was allergy shots. I went from 3 zyrtec (dose is supposed to be 1 tab every 24 hours), singulair, and benadryl all taken the same day, every day, and I was still absolutely miserable and the meds barely did anything. Six months on shots and an inhaler as I discovered I developed asthma from the allergies and had 87% lung function, I was able to stop ALL allergy meds and lung function went to 96%. It has been 2 years now and still, no allergy meds! I finally don't feel like I am being assaulted constantly esp in all but the winter. Not sure if you have explored that route (I developed bronchitis 2 to 3 times a year for many years from my allergies) or if youre in a place financially or with insurance to pursue them, just sharing in case it could help.

Wow Amy. You are such a strong woman to handle all of that and here you are. And though you still have some struggles, whenever you doubt your strength, just look back at all you have been through and you are still kicking! So glad you are on the upswing with all you were dealing with. And I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. I lost my dad a year ago next month.

I do feel ya with the allergies. I am from the south, being born in NC and at 12 weeks old moved to Columbus, GA until 9 when we moved to Jax/St Aug, FL and yet I am still literally allergic to EVERY grass, tree, weed, etc EXCEPT pine. I am also allergic to my dogs, cats, and horses, plus mold etc. The best thing I ever did was allergy shots. I went from 3 zyrtec (dose is supposed to be 1 tab every 24 hours), singulair, and benadryl all taken the same day, every day, and I was still absolutely miserable and the meds barely did anything. Six months on shots and an inhaler as I discovered I developed asthma from the allergies and had 87% lung function, I was able to stop ALL allergy meds and lung function went to 96%. It has been 2 years now and still, no allergy meds! I finally don't feel like I am being assaulted constantly esp in all but the winter. Not sure if you have explored that route (I developed bronchitis 2 to 3 times a year for many years from my allergies) or if youre in a place financially or with insurance to pursue them, just sharing in case it could help.

I'm so sorry about your dad. Left you the same note on your thread tonight. Somehow didn't know you had mentioned it here. Hope you're doing ok.

I'm from NC too - and moved to Atlanta where my allergies have only gotten worse. I grew up taking allergy shots and hated them. It hasn't come up through my bouts of bronchitis this year. Yikes, I really don't want themmmmmm! :( I take Singulair even night, Claritin in the morning and Nasacort. It helps, but I STILL manage to get sick a few times a year. Sounds like we have the same allergies - plus I'm allergic to pine. [emoji849]

FRANKENSTEIN POOL
d032ec2f99bc5d52ec0ccac9d1e2ae84-1.jpg
bf7509f953f312edb9078d50be915966.jpg
330a1793427644202cc838580109dd2b-1.jpg

Did they use epoxy injection as well?

I just finished a pool that had it shell repaired for the 3rd time in 20 years :shock: I think I would have filled it in

Yes, it was included with the Torque-Locks. Really neat little gadgets!

Our goal is to do this the right way - hopefully once.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! That's fascinating. Has someone been tightening them, or will they tighten them again before the plaster? (oops, guess not, just now seeing the hydraulic cement) Or is the tightening purpose just to fit while installing the locks?

Three different cracks, right? I'm trying to make sure I'm seeing what I think I am. Lol!!!

Wow! That's fascinating. Has someone been tightening them, or will they tighten them again before the plaster? (oops, guess not, just now seeing the hydraulic cement) Or is the tightening purpose just to fit while installing the locks?

Three different cracks, right? I'm trying to make sure I'm seeing what I think I am. Lol!!!

The Torque-Locks are my husband's domain. He says they were only tightened once. I honestly know very little about them. Once he starts talking calculations, torque, etc - my eyes start to glaze over ....

The tightening process is to theoretically keep the cracks from expanding further ... so in a sense pull the sides together.

I actually think there are four different cracks. I know 14 locks were used. Hmmmm. If it ever stops raining when I'm home I will investigate further for the missing four locks.

Help! Help! We are supposed to start waterproofing our waterline, bench and steps on Monday, but I've been given the runaround by a local tile company I've done business with for over 20 years. [emoji35] I was assured they had everything I needed, so waited until this week to purchase and lo and behold - they attempted for days to get me to purchase against the recommendation of the tile manufacturer - and they of course need to source the Primary Waterproofing because they don't carry it. Great. Then I get a message today from the showroom manager that he was laid off yesterday. So there goes the sourcing help. Get this - his company AND Laticrete told him to sell me what Laticrete recommends online for pool installations - and be done with me, I guess? That advice (Laticrete's info online) is in direct contradiction to Oceanside Glasstile's installation recommendations. This local tile company even reps their tile - yet they recommend against the manufacturer's recommendations for their product? No wonder glass tile is perceived to be problematic if the showrooms don't know how to advise people.

Oceanside recommends only three products from three companies for Primary Waterproofing. I've written to all three, but I really need something ASAP - hopefully local. I've written to the head of tech again at Oceanside as well. Grrrr ... of course it's the weekend. (I must be the only person who provides weekend customer service with my own company).

Have any of you used the following for Primary Waterproofing- and if so - where did you purchase? Or - have you used another product you consider to be as good? This is the list:

- Aquron CPSP
- Miracote MiraPrime Aqua-Blok XL
- Multicoat Vapor Shield

Keep in mind this is a renovation, not new construction. Thank you!

I've only used Laticrete products so I can't speak on the others. Are you sure Oceanside only recommends 3 manufacturers or those are just 3 of the many they recommend?

Here are their installation instructions: http://www.glasstile.com/pdf/installation-guide/Pool & Water Feature Installation.pdf

They are fussy about these things. You will note that they approve of Laticrete for mortar, adhesive, and even secondary waterproofing, but not for primary waterproofing.

I've only used Laticrete products so I can't speak on the others. Are you sure Oceanside only recommends 3 manufacturers or those are just 3 of the many they recommend?

They only recommend these three. I'm told Laticrete Hydroban is only for new entire concrete or gunite shells.

Here are their installation instructions: http://www.glasstile.com/pdf/installation-guide/Pool & Water Feature Installation.pdf

They are fussy about these things. You will note that they approve of Laticrete for mortar, adhesive, and even secondary waterproofing, but not for primary waterproofing.

Yes - I've spoken several times with their head of Tech and read the instructions backwards and forwards. Hopefully the tech will respond on Monday.

They only recommend these three. I'm told Laticrete Hydroban is only for new entire concrete or gunite shells.

Yes - I've spoken several times with their head of Tech and read the instructions backwards and forwards. Hopefully the tech will respond on Monday.

I am sure they will. They are a customer-friendly company. They turned around our order for 174 sf in a week. I was impressed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.