Lap Pool Renovation with Aquabright

A quick Google search found at least one manufacturer of polymer rails: Pool Rails . Using some type of stone or other non-metal objects would also work.

Those sliders/windows with metals frames that are within 5 feet of the water should also be properly bonded.

Have a look around your equipment pad and see if there are any bare copper wires connected to the pump and/or other equipment. This may give an indication about the bonding situation. Pics of the equipment may help us to better advise you.

Thank you - we will check for copper wires! Can you tell that I'm not the one who works with the equipment pad? I haven't discussed this yet with my pool boy (husband).

We have a step! Let the curing begin!

Note the lovely return that prevents the new step from being the same size as the existing. [emoji33]

563da4d1c12f05b173e394855d9eff01-1.jpg

Torque Lock staple repair in progress. Apparently these all need to be recessed and then patched. To be continued .....

Oh DRAT. Does this now mean 28 days of curing from all of the patching?? I need an emoji of someone pulling their hair out -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That corner is no issue since it will get plastered before the AB. You don't want a sharp edge anyway, all the edges should get chipped just like that corner.

Amy, why not run that step all the way across the shallow area and just stub that return out further?

That corner is no issue since it will get plastered before the AB. You don't want a sharp edge anyway, all the edges should get chipped just like that corner.

Amy, why not run that step all the way across the shallow area and just stub that return out further?

Hi Brian - we are actually tiling the steps and the bench. I didn't want to take up anymore space on the bench, as it's the only good place to sit in the pool, so decided for the small step atop the existing. The return falls almost in the middle of the edge of a perfectly sized step, so we decided to go just to the left of it. It's also too high to fall within the step. It would have been nice, I agree, to have incorporated it!

Oh no! I am not familiar with how AB is applied... Can they fix that corner with the AB?

Bad drawing of the stairs that mimic what's in the pool but narrow and little plants can go on them.

Apparently it will be ok after the mortar/Thinset, but it still seems to me it's a pretty important edge to have correct.

Thanks for your sweet sketch! I especially love the green plant. [emoji4] That is a good idea, but I've decided I want a single thing at either edge and I think that will be an orb! I got smart the other night and Googled "Concrete Ball Bollard" and there are many sources, including different ways to anchor them. Think of those large red balls you see outside of Target! Except I want mine to be natural concrete or maybe white-ish. I wonder if metal is used underneath to anchor, if that will require bonding? [emoji848] Our finishers will be here tomorrow if weather permits (they keep getting rained out) and they have promised to search for bonding wire/wires in general.

OMG! AmyJo! I didn't remember you were around when I was building my pool!!! I'm so sorry my memory is that bad. Goodness.... I just went to my old thread to find a picture, and there you were - first post on the first page I opened! I did a double take and thought it must have been a different AmyJo. But there was your signature with your lap pool. I feel like I do when I run into an old friend I almost don't recognize at the mall.

Wow!
Suz

OMG! AmyJo! I didn't remember you were around when I was building my pool!!! I'm so sorry my memory is that bad. Goodness.... I just went to my old thread to find a picture, and there you were - first post on the first page I opened! I did a double take and thought it must have been a different AmyJo. But there was your signature with your lap pool. I feel like I do when I run into an old friend I almost don't recognize at the mall.

Wow!
Suz

Hi Suz -
Yes, 'twas I! (Or would that be '' 'twas me?") I remember your build very well - and some of Kim's too! I recall many of you, but did not expect you'd remember me. I was so obsessed once I found TFP and read everything I could. I was particularly obsessed with everything under construction. When we started having crazy problems with our pool at a time that our business was overwhelming us, I took a break from perusing the forum every day - especially when my husband were not in agreement about when and what to do with the little "bottomless money pit" in our courtyard. Then my father was hospitalized and died - and we spent 13 months going back and forth to NC sorting through/packing my parent's house - an enormous feat. In the midst of all of this, we had a business to run, I was an emotional wreck and kept getting sick (crazy stuff including pneumonia!?!!), and with the exception of barely keeping up with the basic chemistry (i.e. dumping lots of bleach in it) managed to ignore our pool for the entirety of 2016 - not that we would have had any time to have enjoyed it anyway! I continued to be sick for most of this year which turned out to be - thank God - an unusual gall bladder issue - and I found time just before and after my surgery last month to start focusing on the pool again - mainly from bed. I'm finally doing great (except for allergies and insane Atlanta pollen), am back at work and I have all of you to thank for helping me get through a tough few months. I mainly lurked and read before reviving my old lap pool thread. So thank you. All of you. Truly. ❤️

OH AmyJo! You have been through the wringer for sure! :hug:

I am SO glad TFP and all of our craziness was a bright spot in your life! WOW! :sun:

Kim:kim:

Thank you Kim. I was trying to explain why I disappeared from TFP for a year and a half. TFP has definitely been a bright spot. You are all most entertaining! [emoji4][emoji8]

Thank you Kim. I was trying to explain why I disappeared from TFP for a year and a half. TFP has definitely been a bright spot these last few months. You are all most entertaining - and really good people. Thanks for being you. [emoji4][emoji8]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.