I'm replacing my 16' AGP with a friends 24' AGP ... Should I buy a new liner and more

Jul 28, 2015
Plainfield NH
Hi,

2 years ago I bought a 18' (42" deep) Intex AGP. I really like it.
(I should mention it's in the basement now. I have taken to down completely for winters)

This year someone I know offered up his 24' AGP pool for free. I accepted... I've been in the process of dis-assembling it. It's a very different frame with a steel wall and upper and lower rails.

I think I'll have lots of questions as I try to make this work Here's some -

1- Should I buy a new liner ? (If so is 20 gauge good enough or too cheap? ...25 Gauge?)

2 - Can I paint the outside wall? ... It has some strange wiggly lines on it that I think come from manufacture... I don't think it's ever been painted.

I think I'll have a thousand other questions but those come to mind first.

-Brian

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

How old is the 24' liner? If more than a few years old, they tend to shrink when you drain them and then do not stretch back into place when you try to fill and often tear.
I would be inclined to start with a new liner so you do not have to worry about it for years.
I have no experience with liners, but I would think thicker is better and will last longer.

I do not see why you could not paint the outside. Although it might be tricky finding the appropriate paint that will stick and not peal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.