Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy lights failing yearly

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy lights failing yearly

I have had my Jandy multicolor lights replaced every year because they fail. They either won't come one, one of the 3 will be the wrong color, or 1 or 2 will turn on and the 3rd won't turn on. Are there any suggestions for lights that will just be dependable. Even if it means no fancy colors and features. I just want lights I don't have to replace yearly.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy lights failing yearly

Intellibrite by pentair

3. Back To Top    #3

Are they the led version? If NOT, you likely can just change out the bulbs that are burnt out and be good to go. It took some time but I was able to find replacements for both the larger pool light and smaller spa light for ~ $3 per bulb. Thats well below what jandy is asking.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

They are the LED's. They've tried to fix before replacing every time and they basically have lost their mind and the controls can't communicate correctly with the light for some reason. They replace and they work great again for another 6-12 months then do the exact same all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you wannabepoolguy.

5. Back To Top    #5

We have already had our white Jandy Pro Series Nicheless LED Lights replaced once and they aren't even 2 years old yet. Ours failed by only working at a super dim level. Fortunately they are under warranty for another 15 months...

FWIW the repair tech told me that he has had to replace more of the Jandy white LED lights compared to the Jandy color LED's...
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

What is the standard warrany on Jandy brand lights? I've never been told and our pool construction company is now saying they are out of warranty. I think they just want to fix them anymore. I have a hard time believing they are out of warranty when they have been replaced once every 12 months or less since we had our pool built in 2014.

7. Back To Top    #7

I am sure that the warranty doesn't reset or get extended when they replace lights. Below is the warranty I found on the lights.

"Jandy Pro Series & SAVI nicheless underwater LED lights (including LED light drivers for: bubblers, lit falls, and celestial fiber) that are professionally installed on or after August 1, 2015, will be warranted for a period of three years from date of purchase."
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

For what its worth I have had to replace 5 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights in 3 years
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

9. Back To Top    #9

Have 3 of the Jandy nicheless. 2 in pool, one in spa. 2 in pool are dead after 15 months. . . I guess they are junk, huh?
    Chris & Lea Stoddard
    20k gal, IG shotcrete/pebble pool/spa combo
    Filled 11/19/2016
    All Jandy: DEV 60, PS Stealth 2 hp 2 spd, LXi (gas) heater, PDA-PS8
    Stenner 45MPHP22 for chlorination