New Pool Central Florida

Mar 8, 2017
Orlando
I've been asking questions about specific stuff, figured I'd start a thread showing the whole process. We are a bit further along, so I'm going backwards in time a bit.

So we had a neat setup, that totally sucked. We had a huge screen enclosure, a paver deck with a sunken hot tob.... that didn't work. Bought the house as a foreclosure so the hot tub had no controller and other issues. 5 years, my wife never got in it....

In the Screen enclosure due to the extra shade made everything damp, and we had constant.... constant weeds in the deck. (I found out later why)

LbbwEZ7.jpg

Next thing to do was tear it all out....

I took the screen enclosure down, and cut it up and recycled it.

ErlVIQpb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I started tearing everything else out by hand.... bad idea.

All the white cap pavers you see are sitting on top of reinforced concrete rebar. Not just the footers for the screen enclosure, even the fire pit was reinforced rebar....

Time to call in some backup. Rented a bob cat from Homedepot and really got to work.

LD8kMAmb.jpg

wOpgsAyb.jpg

9AZ5MaDb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From there it was time to layout it out.

sCsPNISh.jpg

And call in the Big Guys. I'm in central florida so you can hit water planting seeds around here. We dug 13 ft looking for water, never found it. Phew. Pool is 6.5 or so, but wanted to go looking.

hXEEKzYh.jpg

iRPPs9gh.jpg

phenM0Nh.jpg

4mIJAteh.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can sorta see from the pictures, there wasn't any crushed stone under the previous paver deck. It was layed right on the dirt, explains why we always had weed issues, it was the perfect way to grow weeds.

We watered the gunite 3 times a day for a week, twice a day for the following week.

61HKgYyl.jpg

This is before trench warfare. We had to mostly hand dig all the trenches....

y2ep9pfl.jpg

vWBLMbll.jpg

Took a break to go in teh pool to clean up, and work on the wiring of the Pentair Color Changing LED lights.

wJoUpP9l.jpg

The Florida drought appears to be broken as it's rained every day for two weeks, slowed down my coping work.... a lot!

But! I finished, Pebble tec guy coming in the morning! We'll have water in 8 hours. ...... Man....... Crazy journey.....

pics coming

Starting setting the deck and coping a while back. We were in a massive drought here in CF, then the rain came. It's rained every day for like 3 weeks here.

Here is a piece of the coping along side the a deck piece an the water line tile.

GfKDZqLl.jpg

I'm using long straight coping around some turns, so I wanted to test the cuts out with wood to make sure it looked right.

YI5Mti9l.jpg

That doesn't look right, cut the angle the wrong direction lol. But I figured it out.... eventually....

jv4P1ell.jpg

pSuCis2l.jpg

z74FboAl.jpg

74UxTbUl.jpg

I Finihsed the coping, started in on the deck. 120 Linear feet of coping, which worked out to a lot of cuts. Probabably about 76 individually measured cuts.

696pAzcl.jpg

we got far enough with the deck and finally a day without rain, we brought in the PebbleTec guys!

tlROUwSl.jpg

C9ii1FUl.jpg

SFcxJCdl.jpg

And then......... the fill.

PkZ7u2vl.jpg

Checking in on the filling late at night....

lBRuiD7l.jpg

And really late at night.....

HDNYtoYl.jpg

She's Full! The LED Color Changing Lights I installed work too! Bonus!

iuYDgDIl.jpg

sUU66RBl.jpg

QEsZY8Bl.jpg

When we finish landsaping and painting the fence I'll put up the final pics.

WE ARE SWIMMING!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.