Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Learning experience

1. Back To Top    #1

Learning experience

I wish I knew that the C version had bigger bottles of reagent. I would have pushed for it instead of the regular one. How does everyone order their refills? I worry Amazon would be older product or knockoff stuff. I guess the same applies for the kits but I just now thought about that

20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Learning experience

I buy my refills at TFTestkits.net
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Me2

15000 gallon pool (15x30 + 7x7 sitting area), IG-Blue Pebble, Sand Filter-Hayward Pro Series, Pump-Hayward Tristar VS pump, Water Test Kit-TF 100, NEW POOL-COMPLETED ON 5/7/16, City Water w/no restriction, Dolphin M400

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

TFTestkits uses all Taylor reagents, all the same numbers. The tips on Taylor bottles pop off, and you can pour in the corresponding reagent into your Taylor bottle. We carry a Complete Refill Set for the K-2006 with larger sizes in the reagents you use the most (R-0013, R-0871, eg)

5. Back To Top    #5

This is why I usually recommend the TF-100 over the K-2006 as you get more of what you need. The K-2006C has a lot of extra reagent that you will not likely use fast enough to be worth it.

As pooldv said, you can get absolutely the freshest refills from tftestkits.net with great customer service.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome. I will give them a go

20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Ordered the XL option. Maintaining 24 fc 3x a day chews through some reagent. On a side note has anyone tried the poolskim? PoolSkim USA -- award-winning automatic pool skimmer solves and eliminates your pool debris problems for a clean and sparkling pool. it looks pretty awesome. I would like to hear from someone that has one before I convince the wife to drop more money on the pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

There are discussions about the PoolSkim ... I think a search will find a few threads you can read.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

I have the Poolskim and without a doubt it has been the best thing I have purchased for my pool. I have a lot of large oak trees nearby and my two built-in skimmers can't keep up with the pollen in the spring or the leaves in the fall. The Poolskim takes care of all of it. Amazing invention...highly recommend!
    20x40 33k gal in-ground Bella Blue Pebble Fina pool w/diving board, 1 HP Hayward pump, Raypak RP2100 335k BTU NG mV heater, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair 261173 multi-port valve, Stenner 45MPHP10 pump w/15 gal tank, Intermatic ET1125CR dual electronic timer, 1.5" lines, two skimmers w/socks, Poolskim, vacuum line, ColorQ Pro 7 kit, TF-100 kit, speedstir, 2 froglogs, Dolphin Discovery Robot. Wine is the answer, what was the question?

10. Back To Top    #10

That sounds just like my situation. I have 3 oaks and a few dogwood trees nearby and my pool is constantly covered in all manner of debris. I will work on getting the poolskim and a couple of these