Filter sizing question

Aug 6, 2016
Bradner Ohio
When I purchased my pool used it came with a Hayward s166t1580s and a junk 1 hp pump! I upgraded the pump with a 1.5 power flo lx. This is for a 27' x52" pool did I mess up by oversizing my pump is it gonna filter right? Or is it to much power for it. I kinda think this filter might be on the small size for a 27' pool thanks for any input!

The design flow rate for your filter is 30 GPM. Your pump is going to be putting out at least 2 times that amount.

The pump is really not that big, but it is efficient. Really your filter is just too small for the pool.

I
The design flow rate for your filter is 30 GPM. Your pump is going to be putting out at least 2 times that amount.

The pump is really not that big, but it is efficient. Really your filter is just too small for the pool.
I found a good deal on a Hayward s244s sand filter is to big for what I have and also can it be used for aboveground pool as they say it's for an inground?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.