Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what should my fc be?

1. Back To Top    #1

what should my fc be?

I have seen in pool school that it should be a min of 3 with a target of 5 - but in the poolmath app it is showing a range of 1-3

I have a basic SWG that does not allow for % adjustments, I just have to run it longer or shorter periods to adjust my FC. right now I am running 8 hours a day to maintain 5 fc - and my water is still pretty chilly, 74 yesterday was as warm as it has been yet, and no real hot days so far...worried that I will have to run this thing 24/7 to maintain 5 fc in the heat of summer once the days and the water heat up ...
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what should my fc be?

FC is set based on your cya level and this chart, FC/CYA Chart. Keep FC above minimum at all times to keep the pool clear and sanitary.

The PoolMath App needs one more update for SWG with low CYA. Once your CYA is in recommended range it will be correct in the app.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

What is your CYA level? How does the water look?

Those little intex SWGs must be capable of generating enough FC, because I haven't seen a slew of posts from intex owners with FC problems. So either your CYA is too low and the sun is getting it all, or there's something growing in the water.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

20170508_170606.jpg
    my pool is sparklicious! my cya is at 70 right now, I was just confused because the pool app was giving me 1-3 but the chart says 3-5 - I will go with 3-5 while they get the app dialed in

I will have to run all of my numbers and see where things are at now. we had quite a bit of rain a week or so ago and I have done backwashes here and there. maybe my numbers are changed and I need to bump a few things to get them in line...will work on that today
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

5. Back To Top    #5

I didn't even notice that after I input all of my numbers last night, it switched the suggested range from 1-3 to 3-10 - guess I just need to work with the app some more and figure out the way it records and looks at things...

6. Back To Top    #6

You probably got the update and it updated. Good.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach