what should my fc be?

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I have seen in pool school that it should be a min of 3 with a target of 5 - but in the poolmath app it is showing a range of 1-3

I have a basic SWG that does not allow for % adjustments, I just have to run it longer or shorter periods to adjust my FC. right now I am running 8 hours a day to maintain 5 fc - and my water is still pretty chilly, 74 yesterday was as warm as it has been yet, and no real hot days so far...worried that I will have to run this thing 24/7 to maintain 5 fc in the heat of summer once the days and the water heat up ...

FC is set based on your cya level and this chart, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Keep FC above minimum at all times to keep the pool clear and sanitary.

The PoolMath App needs one more update for SWG with low CYA. Once your CYA is in recommended range it will be correct in the app.

What is your CYA level? How does the water look?

Those little intex SWGs must be capable of generating enough FC, because I haven't seen a slew of posts from intex owners with FC problems. So either your CYA is too low and the sun is getting it all, or there's something growing in the water.

20170508_170606.jpg
my pool is sparklicious! my cya is at 70 right now, I was just confused because the pool app was giving me 1-3 but the chart says 3-5 - I will go with 3-5 while they get the app dialed in :)

I will have to run all of my numbers and see where things are at now. we had quite a bit of rain a week or so ago and I have done backwashes here and there. maybe my numbers are changed and I need to bump a few things to get them in line...will work on that today :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.