Adding Muriatic Acid Question

I'm testing with a Taylor K2006. After today's pH test I landed at roughly 7.9. It took roughly 2 drops of reagent to get the pool back to the range I'd like. I'm curious about how to read this chart, though:

fb5e071775dbf6e53bda9f081c0e4802.jpg

I feel like these amounts are for the pre-diluted compound of muriatic acid and water, but I just want to be sure. Are the amounts listed in the table the total amount of muriatic acid I should dilute, or is that the total amount I should add of the pre-diluted solution?

For example, let's say I have a 5,000 gallon pool and it took 2 drops of reagent to get back into ideal range-- do I need to dilute 9.16 FL oz of muriatic acid? Or do I need to create a diluted mixture of muriatic acid with water and then add 9.16 FL oz of that compound into my pool?

This forum has helped me get up to speed quicker than I hadever imagined as a new pool owner. Thanks as always for any guidance you all can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should just be for straight acid out of the bottle. It says 20 baume/ 31.45% HCI, which is full strength muriatic acid. So, for 5000 gallons, just measure 9 to 10 ounces of acid in a measuring cup and pour it in front of a return that is running.

That should just be for straight acid out of the bottle. It says 20 baume/ 31.45% HCI, which is full strength muriatic acid. So, for 5000 gallons, just measure 9 to 10 ounces of acid in a measuring cup and pour it in front of a return that is running.

Good call, thanks for pointing out the table title lol. I saw a lot of people mentioning diluting MA and I think that threw me off. Thanks for the assist, much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.